Another Prospect

Brett would learn in the next hour, that the cellist's name was Hyung Suk Bae,

He's graduated from Julliard that autumn,-which explains why no one of their peer know him- so he's around Brett's age, and a proper prodigy any asian mother would love to call son.

Brett felt his heart pumped with adrenaline upon the prospect of meeting his soulmate, maybe the universe had finally relented,-

But what about Eddy?

A quiet voice inside his head stopped his train of thoughts, Brett shook his head in his trance to shrugged off his consciousness that trying to warned him.

Well, it is served on a silver plater for him, might as well as enjoy while it's hot.

------

As the small group finished their briefing, Brett suggested that they should hang out on a local bar not so far from there, as a little celebration, and *cough, a way to get to know each other better,  as they would work together for quite some time later. Everyone agreed on his suggestion.

So Brett texted Eddy to join them at the bar:

B: Bro, we want to hang out a little at the bar, u wanna join?

E: How many people will b there?

B: 5

E: 4 is my limit (•'ω'•), i'll skip, pick u up later

B: nah i'll be back late, don't wait 4 me

E: K have fun (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Well, technically there were five people.

Yes, of course Brett knew. Eddy wouldn't join them if there are too many people on the first meeting, his social anxiety couldn't handle it, and Brett just used that knowledge to his own advantage.

An unsettling lump formed inside his chest.

Gosh, why does it feels like cheating with my wife??? I'm my own person damnit!

Brett swallowed the lump down and put on his best damned smile, he got some info digging to do.

So dig he will.

----

Meanwhile, back at their shared flat,

Eddy was practicing, for there was no Brett, might as well as did something productive.

He glared at the pages of Paganini caprices on the music stand,

it was challenging, (duh, Paganini) but tonight his comprehension didn't want to cooperate well with him. His bow felt off, much for his strings crossing.

Something's felt off.

Eddy tidied up his violin kit, decided that this practice session was more of a waste of time than productive. He dragged his heavy feet towards the couch on the living room, opting for netflix and chill instead, watching Happy Feet for the God knows how many times unintentionally.

Because Brett was so fond of this movie, how adorable. Eddy smiled to the colourful screen.

------

The small group of musicians chatted and drank through the whole night, when it was time for them to leave and say goodbye, Brett found out that Hyung's place was at a walking distance from where they are, so he offered to escort the cellist.

"So," Brett inched closer to Hyung "you said your place was around here, where it is exactly?  are you living on your own or with someone else?"

Hyung  smiled at the small violinist "oh it is quite close actually, you could see it from here" Hyung pointed at some place not far from where they are. Brett hummed in an acknowledgement to that.  "and yes, i stayed with my parents while i'm here, i'm actually grew up there"

"you're originated from Brisbane?"

"i was born at South Korea, but we moved here when i was still an infant"

"aah, same here, but you know, our music community was tiny, why was i never noticed you before?"

Hyung gave him a warm smile "that's because i just learned the cello when i was 11" he shrugged off his shoulders "much later than most of musicians"

"whoaaa you're such a ling ling aren't you?"

"pardon?"

And Brett began explaining this one guy who excels at everything in life and all that inside jokes he shared with Eddy,

"Ahh i see now, yes that's so asian things to do" Hyung chirped in his soft kittenish voice.

It was almost midnight when the two men arrived at Hyung's place.

"Actually, before i go,  uh.. " Do you know that you accidentaly said my soulmark, or more importantly what's yours and did i say it to you? Was it accident or meant to be?

Hyung tilted his head, waiting.

Brett shook his head "Nevermind. See you later!"

"yeah!  you too! thank you for accompany me back home." Hyung smiled sweetly at Brett, was that some blush Brett saw adorning Hyung's cheeks?

He didn't know, could be the lighting playing trick to his eyes, but one could hope.

"sure! anytime" Brett smiled back at the man. "see you next time!"

For there will be next time.

------

It was past midnight already when Brett reached their humble flat,

Surprisingly, the light from the living room was yet to be put off, so, Eddy's still awake, huh.

Brett fumbled with his keys and after several failed attempts, the door finally swung open.

"hello" Eddy greeted Brett in a soft childlike voice.

"yes, yes, i'm going to my room."

Not so much to his surprise, Eddy followed him inside.

"Bro, it's late, go back to your room" Brett groaned at Eddy's clinginess.

"no, no, not that, i just,- can't we cuddle?" Eddy peered at Brett unded his bangs.

Brett sighed heavily. "actually.. 

there's something i would like to talk about"

*a/n* Do you hear that???!!! YOU HEAR THAT???!  THAT'S THE SOUND OF THE ANGST TRAIN COMING!  CHOO!!! CHOO!!!~

seriously, buckle up y'all. (。^▽^。)♡