Chapter 1

5 months........

It really didn't seem that long.

But it felt like an eternity to Ahsoka.

5 months since she had seen her family.

She had to admit it wasn't awful being away from all the chaos that the new era of "peace" brought. With Palpatine now gone and the Senate without a leader. The government was thrown into chaos and instability. Ahsoka had heard that Padme had been elected to be the new Chancellor, but she had refused and the position was given to a more stable senator.

Duchess Satine of Mandalore.

Sure Ahsoka had her doubts but she honestly found it strangely ironic that Satine be the Chancellor and Obi Wan be elected as the new Grand Master of the Jedi order. Anakin and her had known about their "past" and the unresolved tension there.

The separatists now without leaders were weakened and ended. The droid army was no more and the separatists states were put under the protection of the "new order" by order of Satine. But the people had their complaints, complaining that the republic or "new order" had no right to claim their planets. Ahsoka had thought it was a bit uncanny that they had suddenly become a bit power hungry....but it was out of her control.

Ahsoka had found peace in a small town, it was free from the little rebellious group of people that had sprouted up in systems of the "new order". 

Alderaan.

It was a quiet planet that was populated enough to remain hidden, but not nearly as crowded as Coruscant. 

She had found a small job at a repair shop, where she mostly fixed what she liked to call "the most stupid mistakes". She had been thankful to grow up on a starship for most of her life. She would have been able to dismantle the entire Resolute then put it back together, but of course Anakin would have never let her. 

The job paid well enough for her to be able to rent an apartment on the edge of town. It was small but quaint. 

She had tried her best to keep to herself in the months alone. Deeming herself as "unsafe to the public" she tried her best to keep separated from people. And away from attachments.  

She took a deep breath in and cleared her throat.

"Sir it's as I told you. This is a repair shop, not a shipyard." Ahsoka said in a very much tired voice to the angry Quarran.

His tentacles moved with anger as he made a noise of disgust, turned away and stormed out.

Ahsoka merely shrugged and rolled her eyes as she went back to her work station.

She unscrewed the of a tank on the small farming machine she had been repairing earlier.

Her boss, a small Ugnaught they called Evian stood in the corner and chuckled.

"Still not a people person I see?" He said with a small laugh.

Evian was a kind man who they found, never said no. Ahsoka had been on the streets looking for a job before one was offered to her by Evian. He always told her he was open to talk to her if she needed, but the answer was always no when Ahsoka replied.