Chapter 5

The walk back had been awkward if anything.

Ahsoka could sense Nyx didn't trust her fully- then again she really couldn't blame him.

In all honesty she didn't know why she was so set on keeping the crystal away from being sold. It happened all the time on the black market- and the Jedi nor Sith never did anything about it. Something was stopping her this time and she couldn't put her finger on it.

Something was definitely off about Nyx too. But here she was about to welcome him into her own home...

She had a feeling she could trust him. He just gave off that feeling. She ever swore she had felt her heart flutter beforehand...

Maybe she was catching feelings-

"Ahsoka ARE YOU CRAZY- ITS BEEN ONE DATE CALM DOWN! HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE-" 

She was being to hasty, so she made a mental note to calm down and think this through. Right now the only thing she needed to focus on right now was getting that crystal out of his hand and maybe convince him to take the credits she had. They were being saved but she figured this would be a more important use, plus it was like the clones and Anakin had always told her. She could convince anyone about anything.

They arrived to the front of her apartment complex and she extended a hand motioning him in with a grin.

"You first." She said trying her best to lighten the mood and be polite at the same time. 

Nyx gave a small nod and a slight smile before entering the building.

Ahsoka led him up the elevator and down her hallway until they stood in front of her apartment room.

"Hey Ahsoka?" Nyx asked, and Ahsoka swore she heard fear in his voice.

"Yes Nyx?" Ahsoka asked as she opened the door and let him inside. 

"Whatever happens....know it has nothing to do with you and me." He said sheepishly.

"What do you mean by that-?" Ahsoka asked as she turned around to get her credits.

She then felt a hand wrap around her throat and her eyes widened feeling herself get slung to the floor as her attacker pressed on a point that could make one pass out.

She felt dark spots start to appear and in an act of quick thought she quickly opened herself to the force-

"Help-"

Ahsoka's unconscious body slumped to the floor, Nyx standing behind her.

"I'm sorry Ahsoka Tano.." Nyx said to her.

"But a criminal of the New Order is worth more than any kyber crystal..."

He smiled and stepped closer.

_________MEANWHILE AT THE TEMPLE__________

 Rex couldn't sleep.

Something had been bugging him for a while now and now it was starting to just get plain annoying.

He sat up from his cot and rubbed his temples.

"The boogey man still scaring you Rexie?" Fives snickered from the other side of the room as he sat on his bed scrolling through a holopad.