Two

“TARA! Oh my god! What happened? Aw gosh! How? Nothing will happen to you, you will be ok! You won’t die! YOU WON’T……………” Payal stared at Tara’s lifeless body. Her stomach which was now a bloody mess that spread all over the floor.

“No, no no. This is not happening. Abba…. I’ll go talk to him. He can do something about it.

“Abba! Abba! Abba, I… Tara…….. Abba?” Payal suddenly slumped to the floor next to her dad’s inanimate body surrounded by nothing. She looked around and saw the soldiers demolished everything.  The roti on it was burned and the pan was shattered.

“Oh abba! Why? What do I do, why did you leave me? What have the soldiers done? We never had any enmity with them! No, this isn’t the end. Abba, I will avenge your death. Your death won’t go in vain. You will be avenged. You will…” Straight from sobbing and teary eyes, Payal’s eyes turned red and furious. Burning from within like a forest fire burning everything in its sight. Payal stood up and grabbed her  knives.

“Oh it won’t go in vain. It won’t.” Payal said in a cacophonous way. She went to the place where Tara’s body and the college students’ bodies were. She took the signs and ripped off the paper that had writing on it. Blood covered her beautiful dress as she knelt down and tore each single piece, scattering the floor with rose-colored paper. She took the amassment pile of sticks and went to the Western Pakistanis’ territory. On the way, she took three gallons of kerosene. She was not going to let the death of Tara and her father compel herself to speak Urdu.