A visit from Professor Dumbledore.

Helloooo! How are you all doing? I hope you're doing fine! I know the first part was VERY short... so I'll try to make them longer. Well here it is! Enjoy!!

-cat

*********************************

I was sitting on a chair by the window, observing how people went and came, how birds flew high above in the gray-ish London sky. I was utterly tired. I had changed the color of hair of three different girls, and had made my school's chef jump around acting like a headless chicken. For some random reason, I wasn't in the mood for making any joke at all.. I was having a mental battle of whether standing up and making something useful for what was left of the day, or just stay in my small bedroom just getting even more depressed every minute that went by.. Oh no. Here they come. I was thinking about my father again, of where he was, of who he could be, if he knew abou-

*Knock* *Knock*

The sudden knock on my door made me jump out of my thoughts.

"Ca- Catherine. Open the door. You have a visit". a woman's voice said.. I reckoned it was Madam Lauren, because of her unusual shaky voice.

"Well I don't want to see anyone". I said firmly.

"You rude girl! I'm opening this door and there's nothing you can do about it!" Madam Lauren shouted.

I heard keys sounding as she tried key by key to open my door. The door swung open, but I did not turn around; but just kept staring at the flying birds in the sky.

"Someone is here to see you Catherine. Behave nicely and polite. Turn around and say hello". Madam Lauren said.

I wasn't some kind of baby, and I'm always polite. But they don't understand that sometimes, well most of the times, I'm just NOT in the mood to see anyone at all. I knew I was being rude so I turned around making the best attempt to hide my anger.

There he stood. An old, tall, thin man wearing half-moon spectacles above a long-crooked nose. He had silver long hair and a silver long beard too, so long that both could be tucked into his belt.

"Ms. Lauren, I'd like to have a word with Catherine... alone. Of course, if that's okay with you". he said rather calmly.

"Oh- Um, sure. Yes, if she gives you trouble just scream or something.. Good luck". She answered.

'GOOD LUCK'?! I'M NOT A MURDERER OR SOMETHING WOMAN.

Once Ms. Lauren left my room, the man gave me a small smile.

"Good morning Catherine," he said. "My name is Albus Dumbledore; but you can call me Professor Dumbledore".

I nodded.

"Catherine," he continued. "You are different right? I know you know it. Different in ways no one could ever understand. You can do things that are no where near 'usual'. I'll go straight to the point. I am the head-master of a school. But not any school... a school for people like you, like me".

"Like you?" I asked feeling astonished. "How are you like me?"

"Oh, in many senses". his eyes twinkled while he talked.

He was a stranger, and he was probably lying. Someone probably called him and now they're taking me to a mental hospital. Anger was growing in me, I felt my face turning red.

"Prove It." I said harshly.

He gave me a small smile and in a second my bed grabbed fire and my closet was changing texture and color. Was this really possible? Were there others like me? I turned to see Professor Dumbledore in the eyes. He was observing me, obviously studying my reactions.

I swallowed my amazement and said:

"You- you were talking about this school" hoping for him to proceed.

"Yes, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is a magic school Catherine. Kids normally receive their acceptance letter at age 11.. but for some reason, you didn't. Though, you are still on time. You are a great witch, and you are certainly very powerful. I would like you to attend to my school Catherine. You'd learn how to control your power, how to use it properly." Professor Dumbledore said.

After thinking it for a while I accepted.

"I'm glad Catherine". he said through a smile. "There is something else. I don't want you staying in here anymore."

"But where am I going to live then?" I asked worriedly.

"Oh no worries". he said. "I aready solved that. I talked to a family who is gladly going to take you in until the Hogwarts term begins on September first."

"Oh.. alright". I said. "When are we leaving?"

"In this very moment." Professor Dumbledore answered, and with a flick of his wand all of my belongings flew into my suitcase.

Before we left, Professor Dumbledore explained me a few other things. Like the 'No magic out of Hogwarts' rule, and 'No magic infront muggles' (non-magical people). He then stretched his arm.. obviously wanting me to take it. I just gave him the strangest look ever.

He laughed.

"Of course" he said, "we are going to apparate."

I looked at him wide-eyed; but even though I thought it twice, or more than twice, I took his arm.

"Don't let go.. oh, and you might feel a little bit dizzy after this." and with that my surroundings changed.

My world began spinning and spinning. I felt like dying indeed.

Suddenly everything stopped and I fell to the floor. Scared of throwing up if I opened my eyes, I managed to stand up in order to gain balance once more. Slowly, I opened my eyes and was surprised of what I saw.

It was a house containing seven floors, obviously held with magic. It was completely outstanding. Professor Dumbledore began walking towards the house. I felt my feet sticked to the ground, but somehow I was able to walk behind him.

There was no need for him to knock the door; as soon as he reached the front door, it swung open and a tall man with red hair and a smile on his face appeared.

"Morning, Arthur." Professor Dumbledore said cheerfully.

*******************************

I really hope you liked it! Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I'll try to correct them soon. As always thank you for everything! Remember to comment and vote.

Lots of love and hapiness brought by unicorns with wings made out of candy be with you all ;)