𝐋𝐞𝐨 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏)

Requested by @LAZY-EMMY

Title: Something Amazing

Key: (h/c)= hair color, (e/c)= eye color

Note: This short four part series does not follow the t.v. show. It follows the 2009 TMNT movie and on a certain part, the comic. Man, ya'll are gonna haaate me soon! Enjoy : )

"Okay, are you two ready?" I looked over at Leo, who nodded slowly and grabbed my hand. Taking a deep breath, I glanced back at Donnie, who stared at us with a sad smile. I tilted my head at him as he shrugged.

Anything could have happened, he mouthed. Yeah, that's what was scaring me. The future was a scary place. What if we went and Leo and I weren't together? What if we were? So many questions for only a few minutes and then it was other's turn.

"Okay. Just remember that when you're ready to come back you hit the red button and then close your eyes. And the most important thing of all is you can't let your future-selves see you or a wormhole will open, suck you into it, and back here it'll be like you never existed. You'll be completely wiped from existence," Donnie stared at us ominously as if trying to burn the words into our minds.

"H-hey Don. Can you not tell Raph that?" Leo joked weakly as he squeezed my hand. He was terrified. I was too. What if-no. Everything was going to be okay.

"Okay, guys. Three, two, one-" and then everything went black as the light in my mind shut off and my hand slipped from Leo's. 

++++++++++

I opened my sore eyes and glanced around, wincing at the bright lights coming from the mouth of the alleyway. Leo was groaning beside me, having a harder time opening his eyes. His were more sensitive, so I sat up and turned him away from the light, letting him see into the darkness of the alleyway.

"(Y/n)?" Leo looked up at me and I smiled down at him, standing up.

"Are you ready? We don't have a lot of time and I want to see us," he hesitantly grabbed my hand and stood up. Glancing around and looking up, we realized it was night, so Leo threw me onto his back and slowly started for the top of the building he was scaling. We didn't speak at all. I could tell Leo didn't want to. He was even more scared than I'd ever seen him. We were only seventeen and already worrying about the four year gap we'd begged Donnie to let us into. In this world we were twenty-one and then what? Together? Apart? Dead? We didn't know. And that's what was scaring Leo. I knew. I had faith that it would be okay, but he had a harder time believing it. With Raph's constant teasing and Splinter always muttering about extra training, he wasn't sure. Now, we were going to find out.

"Wait," he stopped and hid behind the building, looked back at me and then forward, "look." he gestured to the building with his head. I tilted my head up and was shocked to see myself, sitting on the top of the roof, a blanket in my arms. I then realized it was my apartment building. The one I lived in at this moment. My (e/c) eyes were still the same, my (h/c) hair was longer, and I was still me. Suddenly, there was a short cry from "my" lap and older me looked down.

"Oh, sweet baby. I know, I know. But, he said he'll be back soon, so we have to wait out here until he gets back," she gently picked something up and lifted it above her head, rubbing noses with it. I felt my breath catch in my chest.

A baby. I was holding a baby. He or she was swaddled in a white blanket with yellow stars, but that's not what caught my attention. The baby was a turtle. They were literally a baby-sized turtle. I felt tears begin to fall down my face as I glanced over at Leo. He didn't look at me. He was too busy looking at the building across from the alley where future me was sitting with our baby. I looked over too and was surprised to see someone on a hang glider coming our way. Then, they got closer and closer as "I" looked up with a look of adoration on my face.