You Love I

Shraddha Kapoor was a young girl of 8 years of age. Being a typical nerd, with glasses, loose clothes and always a book under her nose, she was the type of girl that would score 120/100 in every exam, but sulked around in parties without any friends.

Friends. Well, that one word never applied to Shraddha. Whenever she looked through the phone, she would find emotional quotes, poems saying about true friendship. But when she tried to apply that with her friends, it didn't seem to match. Except one person. Varun.

Varun Dhawan was a very handsome boy of 9 years of age. Even though Shraddha and Varun were opposites, somehow they seemed to have got along and they bonded really well. The two of them had been friends since forever. Not only when their fathers would work together, but their mothers had quite a few things in common, so they could visit each other quite often.

Varun was an extrovert, unlike Shraddha. He could expertise the SRK scenes, and he seemed to be the kind of boy that would do that kind of movie.

Although Varun always pretended not to care about Shraddha, Shraddha knew that deep down he cared for her, probably more than himself. The two have always been inseparable, but one thing that tightens their bond is their daily fightings. Whenever they met, the two would fight at at least one thing, however silly the reason may be.

Whenever Shraddha looked at Varun, she felt an unusual wave of excitement run through her. She never felt anything like this excitement when she looked at her other male friends. What was this specific feeling, that happened just for Varun?

But she was a witty one. She figured out what the feeling was after watching a few SRK movies like DDLJ, K3G and Kuch Kuch Hota Hain. Love.

And once she figured the feeling out, she understood it was the best feeling ever! She always wanted that feeling. The feeling of the mixture of nervousness and excitement. She wanted that feeling to last forever. But she had to know one thing. If Varun felt the same feeling when he saw her.

So one fine Saturday evening, Shraddha took a huge decision. She decided the tell him about her feelings. How hard can it be?

She went up to the room he was staying in, they were in Kashmir, and asked him to follow her. Varun looked confused, but nevertheless, he trusted Shraddha more than anyone, and so did as she said.

Shraddha took Varun up to a hill. She was clutching his hand, which made the same feeling run through her veins. Varum had no idea why his best friend would take him up a hill. She better have a good excuse, he thought.

'What happened?' Varun asked as she stopped at the peak of the hill. They could see their fathers shooting downwards.

'Here's the thing,' she said, sighing. 'You love I.'

It took a while for Varun to understand what she meant. I Love You.

'No.'

Saying so, Varun walked away, leaving a heartbroken Shraddha behind. Her heart seemed to have shattered into a million pieces, and she knew she would never be able to gather up all of the pieces, at least some would be left behind, for Varun.

Varun did love Shraddha. But had they became more than friends, things would have been awkward, he knew it. He felt guilty about breaking her heart, but he had done it for the best.

Shraddha couldn't help crying the whole evening. She locked her door and wept until her pillow was soaked. This was what Varun had done to her.

Shivangi, her mother, didn't knew what was going on, and thought she probably had another fight with Varun. She didn't think matters were so serious. That's why, she didn't even try to disturb Shraddha, because she knew Shraddha valued her privacy.

Later, after dinner, Varun knew he had to talk to Shraddha. Or things might change forever and he might lose his bestest friend.
So, after he was done eating, he went up to his best friend, Shraddha, who, as usual, had her nose to a book.

'Shraddha?'

She looked up, her light brown eyes meeting his chocolate brown ones. He had the same smile, which could melt anyone's heart. As she saw him, she felt the same mixture of nervousness and excitement. Again the same wave of love.

'What, Varun?'

This cleared Varun's doubt. She was still angry with him. Had she been not, she would have called him Babu, Batuk or Batuklal, or at least some kind of weird nickname. Not by his name.

'Shraddha, I'm sorry,' Varun said, sitting next to her.

'For what?' she asked, looking back at her book.

'For... Breaking your heart? But I just thought... We're better as friends, don't you think?'

'Hmm..' she muttered, not looking up. She didn't feel it was better for them to remain just friends when she felt something else when she saw him.

'Shraddha... If you don't want us to be friends... Then it's fine, we can never talk again.'

'No Batuk, I want us to be friends. But I have to be honest, I feel something else when I see you, something that friends don't feel when they see each other,' Shraddha said, finally looking up.

Shraddha didn't want to lose the only person she had. Her beloved Batuk, maybe they weren't meant for each other, but she didn't want to lose him.

Varun felt a heavy heart when he said that they could never talk again. Somewhere, deep down, he knew he had feelings for her, but if they were more than friends, he was afraid of losing her forever.

'So... Friends?' Varun asked, putting out his friends.

Shraddha shook her head. Then, she pulled his jacket and pulled him closer. She gave a warm big to him.

'Friends.'

***

A/N- So, that was the one shot! About the time when Shraddha proposed to VD!

I just had to make an one shot on the proposal! It was too cute!

Well, hope you guys liked it and had a good time reading it!

With lots and lots of love,
Mrs Sidharth Malhotra,
Tara Sutaria!! ❤️❤️