Childhood Sweethearts

Varun

"Mom! Please! I promise I'll study once I come back!" I pleaded my mom, joining my hands.

"Varun! Your marks are already bad enough! If you go to play now, it might be worse!" Mom said.

"Please mom! No one cares about the class one marks!" I said, rolling my eyes.

"You are starting to have lot of attitude nowadays! Okay fine, but just an hour, okay?" Mom said. "And we'll take Shraddha with us too."

"Okay okay, I don't mind her," I said, which was the truth.

Mom went to call Shivangi aunty and I wore my sports shoes. I had gelled up my hair so that I look way too fashionable.

Mom then went to get ready. When she did, the doorbell rang. I went to open it.
There she stood, in a beautiful purple frock and matching headbands. Way too fashionable.

"Hey!" Shraddha said in her meek voice.

"Hi. Mom is getting ready, would you like to eat something by then?" I asked.

"Um yeah sure, why not?" She said, her voice getting a bit louder.

This is her. She would be nervous to talk to me first, but later, she would start talking freely.
That's why, we are best friends.

"Okay, but you've got to help me!" I said.

She followed me into the house and I went to the kitchen. There was a small chair at the corner and I put it to the front of the cupboard on the top.

I stood up on the chair, so that my head was the same height as the cupboard. Shraddha helped in holding the chair.

I took out a box of chocolates and came down. I knew mom had made tea and kept on the stove, and it must have been cold by now, so I got the pan and poured tea on two cups. There almost wasn't any left for mom and dad.

"Here you go," I said as I handed her a cup of tea and took one for myself.

"Thanks."

A warm and comfortable silence came around as we both sipped our teas.

"Are you two ready?" My mom said as she came out.

We nodded. I took two chocolates out and gave her one to have on the way. Then she started walking.

As soon as we reached, I left both mom and Shraddha and started playing with my group of boys. I could see Shraddha was a little hurt, but I ignored her.

After a while of playing football, I heard a slow whimper coming. I followed from where the sobs were coming. It was coming from below the slide of the park.

"Hey?" I said as I kneeled down to see who was inside.

I was so surprised to see Shraddha there! And why was she crying? I hated to see tears in her eyes.

"Shraddha? Why are you crying?" I asked. I crawled into the slide too.

"I-I lost my ch-chocolate!" She said, stuttering.

"Aw! But that's not something to cry about!" I sat in front of her. "You are a strong girl right?"

She nodded.

"And strong girls don't cry! Here, take this," I handed her my chocolate.

"This? But then, what will you have?" Shraddha asked, as a tiny smile firmed on her lips, making my heart flutter.

"I don't want to have anything. And your smile is enough to suffice my hunger!" I said.

She gave a complete smile now.

"No, we'll share it, okay?" She said, as she tore open the wrapper.

She offered me a bite. I gladly took it. I handed her too, and she gave a bite too.

"Oh Varun! Will you ever leave me?" Shraddha asked.

"No! Never!" I said.

I could never leave her. She was one of the most important people in my life. Just like mom and dad, I loved Shraddha.

I could never leave my best friend. My Shraddha.

"Will you be with me, forever?" Shraddha asked.

"Yeah, forever! We'll be together, forever!" I said.

"Promise?" She asked.

God this girl! She's never convinced!

"Yeah baba. Pinky promise!" I said.

I interconnected our small fingers, to show that I meant the pinky finger.

Smiling wide, she gave me a small peck on my cheeks.

"I love you." She said.

"Love you too, Chirkut!" I gave her a nickname.

"Aw my Batuklal!" She said.

***

A/N- Honestly I love their relationship as best friends so much that I made another Friendship One Shot.

Their friendship is the most precious in Bollywood! That's the reason I love them!

How can someone not like Varshra yaar?

Honestly though, if Varun ever made this promise, he is breaking it!!
He says they'll be together forever but....

*Takes a deep breath.*

HE IS WITH THAT NATASHA!! NATASHA FREAKING DALAL!!

*Sigh.*

Very short chapter, sorry for that!

Give me your honest reviews on this chapter!

This VM has my heart! It is so beautifully made!

Till then,
Signing off,
Mrs Sidharth Malhotra,
Tara Sutaria!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️