i ➤ emma swan

Storybrooke

In the hidden gem of a town that is Storybrooke, Maine, a whole array of people are tucked away. The Sheriff's car coasts through street after street, the Sheriff inside keeping his eyes peeled for a particular lad as he goes. In the large white manor belonging to the current Mayor, Regina Mills cries softly as she worries for her missing son. Standing behind her best friend (whom she's forced into a chair to make her quit pacing) is Callie Rivers.

The brunette massages Regina's shoulders, soothing her, "Gina, calm down luv. We both know the lad can take care of himself, I bet he'll be home any minute. Plus Graham's out looking the best he can."

After a minute or two a few quick raps on the door make Regina spring from her chair only for Callie to glare at her to relax and sit again. Callie opens the door for the Sheriff, her other best friend Graham.

As he steps past the entryway he sighs, accent heavy, "no sign of Henry."

The pair suck in tense breaths, Regina's shoulders slumping considerably lower.

"I'd hoped when you came back you'd have better news, mate."

"I know! I know!" Graham's accent thickens as his voice raises. It sounds gravely as he grumbles, "sorry."

"It's alright, mate, that's what unwind nights at the Rabbit Hole are for," Callie rubs his shoulder in comfort, but the smirk on her lips hints at the mischief in her eyes.

Barely five minutes go by before a little yellow bug drives up to the house, the three having resigned to waiting for a call about the boy. Regina rushes to the door to throw it open before Callie can stop her. Graham and Callie share a look of concern before he frowns and follows Callie out the door. Callie leans against one of the pillars, Graham watching the situation from beside her.

"Henry? Henry!"

Regina goes to sweep him into a tight hug, Callie seems to be the only one to notice that Regina's arms are shaking from anxiety.

"Are you okay? Where have you been? What happened?"

Henry shoves past her, ignoring the questions as he goes pass Graham and Callie. Hurt reflects Regina's features, concern growing in Callie's eyes.

Henry turns back around to shout at his mother, "I found my real mom!"

Before he continues into the manor and hurdles up the stairs. Three pairs of eyes fly to the blonde standing awkwardly at the gate.

"You're Henry's birth mother, luv?" Callie questions looking the girl over. Her brow raises, gaze sticking on the red leather jacket. 'I wonder how he found her?'

"Hi..." she seems to shrink into the jacket under the surprised stares.

Graham shuffles uncomfortably glancing Callie's way for an excuse to leave only to find the brunette completely invested in the scene before her. He grabs her arm, causing her to flinch and go to hit him for the sudden contact.

"We'll just - ouch - go, um, check on the lad," Graham mumbles, pulling her quickly into the house.

Graham shakes his head at Callie as she groans in disappointment.