ix ➤ torn in two

*warning... another time skip/fast forwarding past some parts that are written later on

 another time skip/fast forwarding past some parts that are written later on

The Enchanted Forest

The Jolly Roger rocks gently on the small waves coming into the port. But after these past few years, Calypso no longer feels uneasy with the motion. In fact, it didn't take her very long to get used to living on a ship at all.

She stands in front of a large, silver mirror. It takes up almost an entirety of a corner in their room. Killian had insisted on getting it even though Cali tried to convince him that they didn't need it.

Killian's chin rests on her shoulder, humming a little as Cali finishes her braid off. He moves with Cali as she turns to look out the window at the approaching dawn. Her fingers are subconsciously fiddling with her engagement ring, a habit that she picked up years ago.

Once they got away, once they were together, getting married slipped their minds. Adventure and treasure and rum and nights spent together became priorities over being husband and wife. They just wanted to be together.

"Come on, love."

Killian whisper's in her ear, pushing a bright red hat into her nervous hands. His deep voice shoots through her spine and vibrates in her bones.

"I don't like this plan one bit, Kai."

"I'll be fine, Cals. This is just our backup plan."

Mr. Smee, the pairs first mate, had been desperate for eternal life. Somehow the idiot had gotten his hands on a magic bean — and the attention of the Dark One. Cali's father. It had scared her to her very core to know that Rumplestiltskin was looking for her mother, and for her.

He wanted revenge, believing that the pair were dead. Because that's how Cali had left. Like a prisoner in the night. Like a ghost with no ties to the place its' soul had lived.

And he still believed that she was dead. He fully believed that Killian had killed her. And maybe he thinks that Killian killed Milah too. Only the gods know how close he was to doing that.

Cali hasn't kept tabs on her mother. But Milah's decision to disappear all those years ago, and the choices she made in order to, they were the reason that Cali had been able to accept Killian's offer at last. And now she was the fiancé of the most feared pirate captain in all the realms, as was he.

"Fine. Are you ready?"

"I am."

He turns Cali to face him. An affectionate smile on his lips as he looks into her eyes. He can see the doubts in her eyes. He can see her hands shaking before he takes them in his. Cali leans into him, taking her hands out of his in order to put them around his neck.