𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖔

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

GENEVIEVE WAS IN STITCHES DURING the train ride from Sirius and James' brotherly bickering. Remus was watching the pair amusedly, smiling at Genevieve's laugh. He found it wonderful.

Her mood seemed to change quickly. "Chris' I almos' forgo'." She spoke loudly catching their attentions. She picking up her backpack before standing up and tipping it upside down beside Remus. The mound of treats came billowing out in a loud thuds as the packets piled on top of each other. "I come bearin' Muggle fud." She directed.

Remus snapped his fingers at the girl. "I missed the way you say food." He joked with her earning a funny face and a chuckle.

"Cheeky wee bastar'." She playfully sneered, lunging for a bottle of Irn-Bru. Opening it quickly she took a long swig from it. Both Sirius and James eyed the Muggle food weirdly. "Jus' ea' sommat, de pair o' ye." Sirius didn't need telling twice as he picked up a pack of Flying Saucers. Both Genevieve and Remus knew they'd be explaining a lot of these sweets.

A sudden knock on the door caught their attention. Three of the four cheered loudly when they noticed it was Peter. "Gen brought food." Sirius announced, ushering to the small mountain.

Peter smiled, happy to be greeted in such a way. Sitting on Remus' side of the compartment, he picked up a packet of Jelly Worms. Genevieve ate her Twix with a small smirk on her face.

Sirius coughed on the Irn-Bru. "What is this?"

"Class." Genevieve answered immediately. "Absolu'e class." She held her thumb up. Sirius chuckled. He wasn't used to the fizziness of the drink. "Any complain's?" Sirius shook his head.

"Not used to the fizz." Genevieve laughed at his reply swigging from her bottle. "So what are we all excited for?"

"Nae Astronomy I'll tell ye tha' much." Genevieve growled. "Bu' I am exci'e' for everythin' else." The boys laughed at her slightly

"I'm excited for Transfiguration." James admitted. "It's fun." Genevieve nodded. She had found Transfiguration quite intriguing in First year. The way she could turn something into another was fascinating to her.

"I'm excited for what we learn about in Defence." Remus replied. "And who we've got as a teacher this year." They all nodded. Their last defence professor had left at the end of last year suddenly. The students of Hogwarts hadn't been told the reason why he had suddenly left but they knew he wasn't coming back.

Peter shrugged. "Charms." He put simply.

"I'm actually quite excited for Charms too." Sirius revealed, nodding in agreement to Peter's statement.

James seemed to suddenly realise something, slapping his thighs and pointing to Genevieve. "You know what I'm excited for?" She shook her head curious. "Quidditch tryouts." He raised his eyebrows excitedly.

Genevieve tilted her head in realisation. "Oh aye, I forgo' we coul' tryou' dis year." James nodded bouncing up and down happily. "Yer ver' exci'e', are'nae ye?" He nodded furiously, Genevieve thought he could give himself whiplash from it.

The five of them were joking around with each other until they heard a commotion outside. Poking their heads out of the door, they watched as a group of Slytherins picked on a younger year.

Sirius scoffed when he noticed who it was. His cousin Narcissa, her boyfriend Lucius Malfoy and his little minions. Genevieve sighed in frustration at the sight. She looked to Sirius for permission to say something before changing her sight to James. James nodded as she cleared her throat.

"Oi. Leave 'em alone eh!" She yelled to them, catching their attention. "Dey didnae do anythin' to ye so why do tha' to 'em?" Her eyes didn't break from Lucius Malfoy, who was at the head of the group.

"And who are you?" He sneered at her. He was a few years above Genevieve and the boys, and towered over her in height.

"Tha's nae ye concern. Leave 'em alone." She glared at him.

"What makes you think we'll listen to you?" One of his lackey asked her, stepping towards her with his wand drawn.

Genevieve didn't show them any sort of fear. "Cause bullies ge' de karma tha' comes to 'em, now leave 'em alone." She spat, pushing the boys back into the compartment and shutting the door, not before holding up her middle finger to the group.

"You've royally screwed yourself." Sirius despaired, holding his head in his hands. "Lucius isn't gonna let you off with that."

"Le' him come for me." Genevieve replied. "He's a seventh year attackin' a firs', he's go' nae righ' to do tha' to 'em." She explained. "I nae'r ha' a gud thin' with bullies." She admitted. "I'm nae jus' gonna stan' an' watch him hur' a wee laddie when tha' were me when I were youn'." She added leaning back into the seat.

"Who were the others?" James asked Sirius.

Sirius sighed. "Crabbe, Goyle and Narcissa, my cousin. She's dating the tosser." He answered, glancing at Genevieve. She was clenching and unclenching her fists repeatedly, trying to calm herself down. Sirius grabbed her hand, holding it in his apologetically. "I'm sorry for what happened to you." He mumbled loud enough for her to hear. Remus had decided to go back to reading a new book he'd bought while James and Peter both returned to eating.

"Dinnae be. Ye cannae control who ye bloo' relatives are." She shrugged, smirking at him. "It jus' pisse' me off." He nodded understandingly. "People are pricks." He nodded again.

He rested his chin on her shoulder. "Can we not dwell on it, please." He pleaded with her in a baby voice causing for her to laugh. "There's the Genny we all know and love for scary but caring nature." She laughed even more at this, making Sirius and James laugh too.

Genevieve smirked when the Trolley Lady came round and she watched James and Peter fighting to order first. By the end of it, the group of five had all bought a huge mound of sweets to mix with the Muggle ones brought by Genevieve.

"We're gonna have such a tummy ache la'er." They all nodded in agreement. "An' we've still go' de feas' ye'." The boys remembered this and James and Sirius followed this with a groan. She chuckled, opening a pack of Bertie Botts. Holding the box out to the two boys, they took one randomly before she offered them to Remus and Peter.

The reactions varied, the most dramatic being that of Sirius who nearly vomited when he realised he got socks. Genevieve mocked him for it, after getting marshmallow. James also joined in noticing he got cherry. Remus pulled a disgruntled look explaining that he got earwax. Peter was the only one not to give a reaction, not knowing what flavour he got before taking more.

Genevieve was sadly caught up in the play fight James and Sirius started having out of the blue. She slapped the pair over the head, indicating she didn't like being involved before the pair continued between themselves.

Looking to Remus they both shook the heads, Genevieve rolling her eyes as she pulled out her book, opening at her bookmark she made herself become entranced in the world on the page, drowning out the yelps of the boys to her right.

This was going to be a long train journey.

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

✦☾⚕☾✦