Who let me be a healer?

I sighed my hands glowing softly. "You need to be more careful." The water I controlled wrapped around Black Canary's arm. "I can't always heal you guys, you know." Even with my visor blocking most of the light, a soft sea green glow washed over her skin.

"You can as long as you don't want to go to jail," Batman said, not sparing a look at me. I huffed and flipped him off. "I saw that."

"Yeah, well I'm not hurting anyone by flipping you off."  

Canary laughed and ruffled my hair. "Thanks, kid." I grinned and tightened my ponytail.

"I'm just doing my job."

"Speaking of jobs, Wonder Woman and I were think-"

"Black Canary, I've told you that there's no reason to do that." Bats turned away from the computer screen.

"Tornado agrees with me. Between the two of us, we have more parental authority than you. And yes, I'm including Robin." Canary crossed her arms. "Besides, we can't keep her locked up here forever. She's a kid, let her be one."

If only the gods could come to that same conclusion.

"Yeah, and I hate to break it to you, Bats. This whole thing we've got going on is technically illegal. I mean, kidnapping? Isn't that a villain's shtick?" I tapped the side of my visor. "And ultimately, Canary's my keeper here, not you."

He narrowed his eyes at me, fixing me with an infamous Bat-Glare™. I snorted. Puppy glare. I didn't know how he hadn't figured out I wouldn't react to that. He's supposedly the world's greatest detective, also trademarked, but I've managed to keep my identity safe from the entire League. Even Diana had no idea who I was. 

It's probably a bad thing that I'm thankful for my disappearances. Mom hasn't filed a missing person's report, making it much harder for Bats to get his hands on any solid evidence of who I might be. 

"So what's this job you were talking about?" I asked.

"Remember when I mentioned the sidekicks had their own team?"

"Yes?" I did not like where this was going.

"Approximately one of them has any sense of self-preservation. I think your gift would be really helpful to them. If only to keep us from blowing through more medical supplies than necessary," She added that under her breath. "It would be a good chance for you to socialize with other teens and get combat training."

Okay, it was really hard not to laugh at that. I shifted my 'cape' a bit, the plastic irritating my neck. If I really wanted to... "That might be nice." If by nice I meant utterly humiliating. Playing the part of a fragile healer made sense: it kept them from seeing me as a threat, it allowed me access to Hall of Justice, it kept Diana and Orin from recognizing me. But it also had downsides, mainly having to pretend to be a completely incompetent fighter. 

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to," Canary said, resting her hand on my shoulder. "You can stay here if you want. I'm not going to force you to do anything."

"Like how I wasn't going to have my food stolen?" I raised an eyebrow. She laughed and shook her head. "I mean, I'll do it, but just because I know this really isn't my choice."

With that, Canary led me to the Zeta Tube and punched in authorization codes and a destination. There is only one way to describe Zeta-ing and that is weird. It wasn't like the shadow-traveling rollercoaster nor was it like any of the mythical modes of transport I've ever used. The room we appeared in wasn't anything special, just walls a floor doors and a really high ceiling.

Canary led me forward with a silent gesture. My sneakers were silent against the floor, as her boots made noticeable footfalls. Still, no one ran to greet us and only Miss Martian greeted Canary when she made it into the living room.

"Do we have to do more training?" A ginger groaned from his spot sprawled across the couch.

"Not today, no. I'd like to introduce you to your new member. Team, meet, uh, well we've just been calling her kid."

"You're that girl that's got Bats upset," Robin said.

"That would be me." I grinned and looked at each of the other members. "Like Canary said I don't really have a hero name and I'm not gonna give you my actual name, so you can just call me Pseudo until we figure out something better."

"It is a pleasure to meet you." Aqualad dipped his head. "My name is Kaldur'ahm, but you can call me Kaldur if you wish. If I-"

"What's your power?" Superboy asked. Artemis glared at him and mumbled something along the lines of 'not everyone has powers'.

"If I have access to water, I can heal people including myself." I patted the pockets of water on my hips. "I try to keep as much on me as possible in case I get in trouble. Plus it builds muscle mass from lugging this around everywhere. Not that I get to do a lot of stuff, I'm kinda the unofficial nurse for the League at this point." I held my hands up, letting a soft glow encase them. Aside from the more obvious stores of water on my costume like my cape-scarf thing and the bubble, I had some in my gloves, my shoulder guards, and even my shoes. Never hurts to be prepared in case I need to heal someone, and the added bonus to my attacks wasn't bad either.

"She's agreed to act as your resident healer and she'll go on missions with you once I'm satisfied with her combat abilities," Canary said. "But first, ground rules. None of you are to try to discover her identity without her permission. Nor are you allowed to remove her visor or whatever she uses to hide her eyes. Finally, don't think that because you have a healer that you're allowed to pull stupid stunts and get seriously injured." She stared at the ginger.

"Why are you looking at me?!"

Okay so this is kinda a preview. I won't update it for a while

I'm posting this so I don't forget about it...I uh did that once. prewrote a chapter and promised myself I'd publish it later. That was like 3 years ago

Anyway

SUPERHERO names for percy

The emphasis is on superhero because apparently people think I'll use persephone or pearl if they tell me 'her name should be ------'

AND

Picture

Picture. Its pretty good considering the fact i don't have a mouse to use with the free editor i use.

See yah