Tomioka's Sadness

Tomioka Giyuu was a quiet person.

He was very reserved and spent most of his time to himself.

When he was not on a mission, he stayed inside his private room or trained on his own. He never bothered building relationships with the other Hashiras and focused on his work instead.

The other Hashira expecting three just assumed he was being ignorant and that he thought he was better than them.

But that assumption was the complete opposite.

Giyuu despised himself greatly.

He felt that he didn't deserve to be a Pillar.

He was weak but Sabito was not.

That it should have been Sabito.

He was the better choice.

So why is it that Giyuu is still alive while his best friend is dead.

He mourned and grieved in silence for weeks after his best friend had died saving his life. Giyuu wasn't strong enough to be a pillar.

How could he be if he couldn't even protect two people.

It was always supposed to be Sabito. He was able to protect him and that costed him, his life. Sabito should of left him there to die and live to be a pillar.

Even though years have passed, he can't recover from Sabito's death.

He wears half of Sabito's haori as a way to remember him; to feel his warmth again, to know that someone once loved him more than anything else in the world.

He missed him so much. Giyuu wants to join him but ........ He was too scared to kill himself.

As the years went on, his already pale skin became paler and creamy like the moonlight, his eyes becoming like dull sapphires, his body and face thinning, transforming into a real-life porcelain doll.

Every night he lies awake in his bed clutching his sister and Sabito's joint haori to his chest as tears stream down his pale face. His dull nails clutching his wrist so tightly, it left many marks.

No one ever heard him crying.

The others never noticed anything.

He was weak.

Sabito was not.

It was always supposed to be Sabito.

He was the stronger student.

He was the one who was able to protect people so why is it, Sabito is the one who is dead not Giyuu.

He was suffering and slowly deteriorate in front of everyone's eyes.

They just didn't realize it.

At least that was true until Tanjirou and Nezuko came around.

The boy reminded him so much of his late friend.

He had to get stronger to protect this boy and his little sister. He knew how hard it was to lose someone, you loved so dearly.

Afterall, what Shinobu says is true.

No one likes him.

That's because everyone he ever loved is dead.