xi. yule

Reigna had spent the afternoon getting ready for the ball with Hermione and Ginny

Reigna had spent the afternoon getting ready for the ball with Hermione and Ginny. Pansy had  stopped by as well. They had a good time. She ended up not finding someone to take her, but she wasn't too upset about it. She was going with Pansy, who also didn't have a date. 

Pansy definitely knew about Reigna and Draco, she was his best friend after all. Reigna hadn't told anyone about them though, not even Hermione. He wanted it quiet, and she respected it. Pansy gave her a knowing look as the girls talked about their dates. 

Hermione was in a gorgeous pink dress, her hair in a lovely updo with curls that framed her face beautifully.

Ginny was in a light green gown that brought flattered her hair in such a lovely way, her hair pinned back by hermione.

Pansy was in a simple black silk dress, a slit running up her leg. her hair was pulled back into a half up, half down, straightened. 

As for Reigna, it was last minute. She was in a forrest green gown. It had a sweetheart neckline and flowed out so elegantly, gold vines climbing up it. As for her hair, she left it natural, it falling down to just past her waist, simply putting a jeweled crown in, as to tell people that she was a Kane. Even she was allowed a little bit of pride once in a while, she wasn't a Slytherin for nothing.

The entrance to the ball was beautiful, as was the entire thing. The lights made the hall seem even more beautiful than normal.

They danced, and she had more fun than she was used to having. After exams, this was just the stress reliever everyone needed. Pansy and Reigna spun each other around, giggling amidst the other students. She was glad they weren't so against each other anymore, the first few weeks felt like a fever dream.

Although Reigna was enjoying herself, she couldn't help her eyes from trailing over the crowd once in a while, hoping they would lock on some ice blue ones. He wasn't here. She hadn't seen him all night. They had planned to meet up afterwards, late tonight, and she was eager. She couldn't wait.

She looked to her left to see Fred and George, teasing Ron and Hermione. It brought the wildest grin to her face and she joined them, Pansy contributing a little bit as well. Fred and George laughed, shooting some sort of spell into the air. Everyone flinched as fireworks went off, clapping eventually. As well as that, once bursting, feathers came down from the fireworks, everyone smiling under the warm lights. It was then that Reigna locked eyes with him, and for a moment, she couldn't breathe.

He looked so good. So bloody good. His suit was all black and it brought out his pale complexion and bright hair so wonderfully. He seemed frozen as well, eyes of ice trained on her. They trailed down her form before meeting her eyes once more, and she couldn't help but blush. His eyes then rose and focused on something behind her. As he gulped, she knew who he was looking at.

Reigna turned to look, she probably shouldn't have, but she couldn't help it.

Lucius Malfoy. staring back at his son with a face as hard as stone. But then, his eyes shifted. he was looking at Reigna. She blinked. He'd caught them. There was no way he recognized her. It wasn't even possible. Ever her father had said she looked more like her mother than the Kanes. He was right of course, a family of place dirty blondes, and her. Her family history was unknown to Lucius, as she was born after her father and his fight. There was no way he knew.

He beckoned Draco over, and Draco followed obediently. He was afraid. She could tell. As he approached, Lucius introduced him to a girl. Someone who Reigna didn't care to look at, her eyes burned as is. She couldn't bear to see him forced into sweet talking another girl. Not to mention seeing his hand around her waist, something she was used to enjoying.

Pansy dragged her out of the trance she was in, handing her a drink. Reigna chugged it, groaning at the lack of alcohol. Pansy laughed, dragging her back to dance with her. She did so, but Reigna could feel his eyes on her the whole time. When their eyes met once more, they came to a silent agreement.

Reigna told Pansy she was going to get a drink, and Pansy smirked. She knew. Of course.

Stepping out, she waited in a enclosed area, smiling once she saw him coming.

"You look ravishing, Reigna" He said lowly, and she nearly fell apart at those words.

"You need to wear a suit more often," is all Reigna could manage in return.

Their lips met, and this was one of the most heated kisses that had happened between them. There was so much tension from seeing him dance with another girl. She was pressed against the column, his hands holding her in place by her waist. She missed the feeling.

The smell of mint overwhelmed her senses, she couldn't focus on anything but him. They were so taken with each other that they didn't notice the footsteps.

She wished they did.

"Draco Malfoy! What is this?"

Fuck. It couldn't be a worse situation. Her and Draco pressed up against each other, flustered. His collar messy, her hair messy. Lips swollen. And standing right in front of us was none other than Lucius Malfoy, and he looked ready to kill.

Draco took a step back, and she distanced herself as well. He cleared his throat.

"Father, this is Reigna"

Her eyes met Lucius' and he didn't look happy at all.

"What's your last name, Reigna?" he asked, tone dripping in disgust already. This was it. This was the end of her and Draco. But she couldn't let him make her feel uncomfortable. She was a Kane. and she had power as well. If he couldn't respect that, then that was his problem.

She stood up straight, taking Draco's hand in her own and raising one eyebrow, "Kane," She said, hopefully oozing the confidence that she felt she was. She felt brave. smiling slightly, she put her eyebrow down,

"What's yours?" She asked him innocently. The corner of Draco's lips turned up ever so slightly before returning to how they were. Stone faced once more.

If you can't beat them, humble them.