Chapter 7: 1V1 Competition.

Izuku sat alone in a room waiting for Aizawa to return to tell him what he can and cannot do. He knew there was something different in the way he acts and reacts to certain situations but he was annoyed at the difference in treatment. He wasn't going to kill anyone, maybe. Izuku looks from the window next to him when he hears the door open. He sees Aizawa walk in and then close the door.
"you are allowed to participate in the battles but you have to be good, you're not allowed to hurt anyone too much." he says.
"I know, why are you treating me like I don't know common sense!" Izuku asks a little pissed at the treatment.
"it's because of what happened during the attack." Aizawa says. "if you can promise what happened there won't happen here then there will be no rules for you." Izuku stays silent. He couldn't promise that, even he doesn't know why he acted that way during that Villain attack. Ever since the attack he has been seeing things in his dreams, he has no idea if they are the memories he has lost or just nightmares.
"Okay?" Aizawa asks. Izuku nods his head and sighs.
"Okay" he replies.
"Okay, then you can go back to the class." Aizawa says. Izuku stands up from his seat in silence and leaves the room to look for his classmates. He runs into Endeavor on the way. He spots Todoroki behind Endeavor but it seemed like Endeavor hadn't noticed him yet.
" move." Endeavor says. Izuku stares at him. He could feel his heart thumping strongly in his chest and a swell of fear appear. His body refused to move. He grabs the bottom of his shirt and squeezes it tightly. Endeavor's eyes narrow at the young boy infront of him. "move." he orders more sternly. Todoroki could see that Izuku was scared in some way but he didn't know why, all Endeavor was doing was asking him to move but Izuku just froze. After the second command to move Todoroki noticed that a few parts of Izuku's body were glitching like when he teleports and his eyes shone with wetness like he was going to cry.
"I will only say it once more, move." Endeavor says. Izuku takes a step back and Todoroki had decided he had seen enough.
"Midoriya, do you know where the class is?" he asks. Endeavor looks back to see his son. Todoroki walks past Endeavor.
"Shoto." he says. Todoroki shoots a glare at his father.
"follow me Midoriya, I'll take you to the stand where our class is." Todoroki says. Izuku quietly nods and starts to follow Todoroki. He moves further away when he passes Endeavor. When he can no longer feel Endeavor eyes on him Izuku sighs.
"are you okay?" Todoroki asks.
"yep, I'm fine, thankyou Todoroki-kun!" Izuku says retuning to his normal cheerful self. Todoroki turns towards the door where their class was.
"you helped me get away from him too, so don't worry about it but what happened, you're normally really confident." Todoroki says.
"I don't know, people with big bodies and auras scare me." Izuku says.
"you'll get used to it, being a hero will be tough if you don't." Todoroki says. Izuku looks over to Todoroki and smiles.
"are you okay with him?" Izuku asks taking Todoroki by surprise.
"fine."
"it doesn't seem that way, you have a duel quirk but only use one part of it, Endeavor is the reason why right?" Izuku asks. Todoroki was thrown off by the bubbly way Izuku spoke.
"I wont let him control me, I want to win without using his quirk." Todoroki says clenching his left fist.
"ah, so your ice came from your mother, hm...that doesn't make sense." Izuku says crossing his arms in thought.
"what?" Todoroki asks.
"it's not your father's or mother's quirk but your own, sure it's inherited by genes but your quirk is fire and ice not just fire, it's different from Endeavor and your mothers, it's your own quirk, I mean, at least you know where your quirk is from and can control it." Izuku says.
" what do you mean?" he asks.
" I was quirkless until two years ago, I don't know where my quirk came from because it doesn't reflect my mums or dads." Izuku explains still thinking.
" I want to win without using my fire." Todoroki says.
" hm, okay but everyone else is using 100% of their quirk where you're half-assing it, quirk-wise at least, thankyou for showing me the way here!" Izuku says opening the door after waving to Todoroki. When Izuku walked into the seating area Uraraka immediately stands up.
"Deku!" Uraraka goes over to Izuku "are you still allowed to participate?"
"yep, I can still participate!" Izuku says happily in response to her question.
"Okay listeners, the stage is set, time for the first battle!" present mic announces. "the first contenders are, Izuku Midoriya and Hitoshi Shinso, can the contenants go to their waiting room for the battle!" Izuku looks at Uraraka who gives him a smile.
"who knew I'd go first!" Izuku says happily.
"Midoriya, be careful with that guy, his quirk did something to me during the Calvary battle." Ojiro says.
"Okay, thankyou!" Izuku says.
"I think it works when you respond to him."
"understood, I'll be off then" Izuku pulls the door open and skips his way to where he needed to be.
"let's get this battle on the way!" present mic yells. "on one side we have Hitoshi Shinso from the general education course and Izuku Midoriya from the hero course!" Izuku jumps up onto the cement platform and watched as his opponent walked to where he needed to be.
"are you two ready?" midnight asks.
"yep!" Izuku says.
"yeah." Hitoshi says. He almost seemed uninterested.
"well then, begin!" midnight jumps back for the fight to begin. Izuku waits for Hitoshi to make the first move. He waits watching Hitoshi with a small smile on his lips.
"what, are you too scared of my quirk that you're going to wait for me to attack first?" Hitoshi asks. Izuku's smile gets bigger as Hitoshi started to talk.
"your classmates were very helpful in getting me through the second round." he says. Izuku frowns at this. He had used his classmates to progress, harming them in the process. Izuku glitches over to Hitoshi who falls back startled. Izuku's expression was that of happiness, like usual but his eyes shone with a cold hate. Izuku reaches out and touches Hitoshi's shoulder and starts to activate his quirk.
"you used my classmates, so you're not going any further." he says. His voice wasn't bubbly, it was flat and sent chills down Hitoshi's spine. Izuku glitches Hitoshi to the very edge of the battle platform. He walks over to Hitoshi who had quickly stood up to fight back against him. He knew that since his quirk was just teleporting he wouldn't know how to fight very well. Hitoshi throws a punch at Izuku but his fist just goes straight through Izuku. This causes a small grin to appear on Izuku's lips.
"wasn't your quirk teleporting?" Hitoshi asks not expecting an answer because it seemed like Izuku knew about his own quirk. Izuku grabs Hitoshi's arm and throws him over his shoulder and slams him into the ground before using the grip he had on the boy to throw him out of the fighting area. Hitoshi stands up out of bounds and sighs. He turns to look up at Izuku who was still on the platform above when he suddenly appears in front of Hitoshi.
"my quirk isn't teleporting, it's called glitch" Izuku says. He swings around and happily skips his way back to his class after midnight announced that he was the winner of the first round.