First Year - Ron and Hermione's Plan

Hi guys! This is my first story so don't judge. Just wanted to give it a go :) Comment with any suggestions. Hope you like it!

On Friday night the Gryffindor common room was filled people talking, yelling and cracks and pops from the large fire that lit the warm room. Everyone was excited about the coming Quidditch game, arguing over the best Chasers or betting on the amount of Bludgers the new seeker, Harry Potter, would get hit by. No one noticed the two tiny first years in the very back corner, cowering over a parchment covered in a mixture of messy and neat scrawl.

"We shove them both under mistletoe!" the one with brilliant red hair said a little too loudly, visibly excited by the thought he had had a great idea.

"No Ron, its nowhere near Christmas! Besides, its no obvious," said the one with a storm of bushy brown hair framing her face.

"I don't see how we can make it not obvious, Hemione. You cant accidentally confess romantic feelings for someone". Ron insisted.

Yes," said Hemione, "But we can make it less forced them shoving them under mistletoe accidentally and hoping it all works out!"

"Well, I was just thinking out loud," Ron retorted, "It isn't like you've had any good ideas!"

"Every idea Ive had has been immediately shut down by you!" Hermione said, she was beginning to lose her temper, "All I want is for Harry and Draco to finally accept the have feelings for each other! Even you said yourself that the tension between the two was 'too distracting.'" Hermione imitated him in a silly, high pitched voice, "Malfoy wont stop staring at us across the hall and in class. He follows us in the hallways too, and he wont stop until we sort it out!"

"Alright, alright! Bloody hell Hermione, I didnt realize you were so invested in this," said Ron, holding up his hands, "We are only eleven, they can't be that serious."

"I know, but Malfoy's staring is creeping me out," Hermione shuddered, "And Harry so oblivious, its annoying!"

"Yeah me too," Ron agreed.

"Maybe we could just play a game? There's this Muggle game called truth or dare. We could play that and put truth potion or something in the drinks at dinner," Hermione suggested, shrugging.

"Yes!" said Ron triumphantly, "Wait, whats truth or dare?"

Hermione rolled her eyes, "Its simple. All you have to do..."

*

The two stayed up late that night, boiling the potion, planning Malfoy's involvement, and bickering over tiny details. Harry came back from Quidditch training quite late, only giving them a quick good-night before heading to the boys dorm, clearly exhausted from flying all evening. Luckily, he was too tired to question their suspicious behavior. Around one in the morning, the two headed to bed, running over the plans in their minds. They set the date for next Saturday evening, so they would have the whole day without classes to make sure it all went well. Only just over a week before they would, hopefully, be free of Malfoy's persistent stares and stalker habits.

*

A week later the three young first years were sitting by the blazing fire in the common room, chatting mindlessly about the weeks gossip. Soon the conversation moved to the upcoming Secret Party the first year Gryffindors and Slytherins had all received invites for.

"It could be some sixth year making fun of us," Harry questioned, "Trying to start a fight between houses. Why else would someone what to force two rivaling groups together?"

"Maybe its Fred and Georges idea of a joke," said Ron, "One time when I was seven, they said the chicken pen was actually Dads secret portal to the Ministry and told me to go check it out. Then they locked me in there. I didnt get out till Charlie found me when he was letting the chickens out the next morning!"