Second Year - Polyjuice Potion Brewing

Hi! Please comment and like. This one is meant to follow the story a bit more :)

Hermione leaned over the steaming potion has she poured in the next ingredient, fluxweed. As soon as the fluxweed hit the purplish goo, the potion turned a violent shade of pink and gave off an eruption of sweet-smelling green mist. Hermione turned back to the two boys also huddled into the small cubicle.

"That's it for the next six days, now we just wait till it's..." Hermione checked a large book propped on top of the toilet, "thickened in consistency and turned a pale umber."

"Umber?" questioned Ron rudely, "What kind of colour in umber?"

"I think it's a kind of rusty brown." said Hermione, prodding at the potion with a long wooden spoon.

"Gross, I can't believe we have to drink this! And bits of Slytherin!" Ron said loudly.

"Maybe when it done it'll be more pleasant?" said Harry, leaning over the cauldron, causing his glasses to fog. He wiped them quickly on the sleeve of his robe, clearing his vision.

"Yes well –" Hermione was cut off by the loudly slamming of the bathroom door. They all froze.

"Urgh!" came a voice from outside the stall, followed by a loud crash, as if someone had knock something over.

"I'm gonna find you boy! You filthy little kid, bet yer father wouldn't like to her about this!" came the familiar taunting voice of Filch, the Hogwarts caretaker, slightly muffled by the walls. As his voice faded down the hallway, the three relax slightly. Another crash echoed around outside their cubicle, followed by the distinct yelling of their nemesis, Draco Malfoy.

"Malfoy?" whispered Ron, "What the bloody hell is he doing? It's the middle of the night!"

"What are we going to do?" Harry whispered back, as quietly as he could.

"You go distract him, Ron and I can try hide the cauldron" whispered Hermione, pushing Harry lightly towards the door.

"Why me? Can't you do it?"

"Just –" Hermione was yet again cut off.

"Who's there?" called Malfoy's loud voice.

"Go!" insisted Hermione, pushing Harry harder. He gave in, carefully opening the cubicle door and sliding out.

"Potter?" Harry was met by Malfoy's sneering face, "What are you doing here, in a girl's bathroom?"

"Erm – I...got lost?" Harry grimaced, he sounded like he was asking a question. He walked away from cubicles, towards the cracked sinks, trying to lead Malfoy away from Ron and Hermione. Malfoy followed him, evidently unaware that they weren't alone.

"Got lost? It's the middle of the night, if you haven't noticed. Do you expect me to believe that?" he sneered again.

"I hope so Malfoy, because it's the truth. Besides, what are you doing here? This is a girl's bathroom, and it the middle of the night, as you pointed out."

"I –" Malfoy stuttered, momentarily lost for words, "I was looking for my silver cufflinks, Pansy must have hidden them somewhere." he ended somewhat smugly, trying hard to look composed. He ran a hair over his blond, slicked back hair, causing a strand to fall over his eyes.

Harry looked at him skeptically, "You expect me to believe that?" he said, taking a step forward, trying to be menacing but he slipped clumsily in a large pool of water. He grabbed Malfoy's robes to stop his fall but instead pulled the boy down with him. Malfoy landed onto top of Harry, crushing him against the cold, wet floor.