Third Year - Quidditch and Dementors

Hi! I'm trying to keep the updates regular, I'll probably post once a week or so. :) Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!

Harry speed towards the flash of gold pushing himself as fast as he could. As he neared the snitch, he reached his hand out, stretching so he was nearly off his broom. The crowd gasped as the Ravenclaw seeker, Cho Chang, shoved her shoulder into Harry, nearly knocking him off his broom.

"A foul move from the Ravenclaw seeker there, but luckily Harry's still in the game!" commentated Lee Jordan, much to the enjoyment of the Gryffindors, who booed loudly.

Harry wobbled, but regained his balance, reaching forward, closing his hand around the ting, fluttering gold ball.

"Yes!" he yelled, triumph.

"And Potter does it again! YES! VICTORY FOR GRYFFINDOR!" screamed Lee Jordan, much more enthusiastic then he would have been if Ravenclaw had won.

"Jordan! You mustn't show bias towards the different teams!" scolded Professor McGonagall.

"Sorry Professor!" Lee muttered quickly.

Harry and his team flew to the ground, landing in a mob of cheering Gryffindors. Harry landed next to Ron and Hermione, who promptly tackled him into a hug.

"Well done Harry!" said Hermione, squeezing him tight

"Great game mate!" said Ron, patting him on the back, "Not a dementor in sight, thankfully!"

"Yeah," Harry agreed, "Dumbledore must have done a good job of keeping them off the school grounds."

Suddenly, three black figures appeared behind them, pushing through the horde of Gryffindors to reach them. Harry felt his heart drop, he'd lasted the whole game, why did they have to come now?

"Harry? You okay?" asked Hermione softly, but he didn't answer.

The cheering fans quietened and gave hooded figures a wide berth as they passed. One of the black-clad figures stumbled. That's weird, Harry though, Dementors don't stumble. He then noticed that he couldn't feel the cold, hollow feeling that usually came when the soul-sucking creatures were around. Then, one of the supposed 'dementors' tripped over someone's foot, sending it flying to the ground. Its hood whipped back revealing the face of a familiar slimy Slytherin, Crabbe. The Gryffindors laughed, much to the embarrassment of the other Slytherins, who were revealed to be Goyle and Malfoy.

"Did I scare you, Potter? I thought I saw you go quite pale there for a second." Malfoy sneered, trying to regain his composure. He leered forward till he was right his Harry's face. "You git! Can't even tell what a real dementor is!"

"Shove off Malfoy!" said Ron, stepping in front of Harry, who had gone rather quiet. "No one cares about your stupid prank! It didn't even work!"

"No one cares about you, Weasel." Malfoy shoved Ron out of the way, pushing him into the crowd that had now gathered around them. He stepped closer to Harry.

"C'mon Potter, wanna give the big, scary dementor a nice kiss." Malfoy teased, much to the amusement of the Slytherins, who cackled meanly around them. But, to everyone's surprise, Harry grinned and leaned forward, pressing his lips against Malfoys and pulling him closer. Malfoy responded, snaking his arms around Harry's waist and pulling his flush against his body.

"Boys! No fight –," called Professor McGonagall, stopping short when she saw the two boys kissing in front of a now giggling crowd. Harry and Malfoy, finally remembering they had an audience, broke away.

"Well, that was one way to do it, Harry." Malfoy said, only slightly annoyed, "I thought we were waiting to tell people we were dating anyway!"

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Dementor cloaks can look rather attractive." Harry replied, laughing.

"Boys!" Harry and Malfoy turned their heads, "Follow me please." McGonagall walked briskly away, the two boys trailing behind her. She walked towards the castle entrance finding Dumbledore in the large crowd.

"That's five galleons, Albus! I just saw them kissing now!" she said, waving her hand towards the two. Dumbledore turned, surprised.

"Oh, but Minerva, dear, how long have they been together? Harry, Draco; how long have you been dating?"

Harry and Draco exchanged surprised glances before Harry mumbled, "About six months."

"Ah see! I win Minerva, dear, you said after the Christmas, I said before Easter. That's five galleons." Dumbledore side, his eyes twinkling behind his half-moon glasses.

Sighing, Professor McGonagall passed his five gold coins. "Just this once you're right Albus, I'm sure I am right about Hermione and Ronald!"

So did you like it? Sorry it's short, I didn't know what to do. Any suggestions for the next years? 

Thanks for reading, luvluna