Who He's Dealing With

Vale stiffened, her heart pounding loudly in her chest. I need to get out of here. She thought back to her mother, trying to remember what she would do in a similar situation... It's all about the element of surprise baby girl. The opponent has no idea what to expect if they've never seen you fight. Use that to your advantage.

Vale sucked in a slow breath, taking a beat to think about Dash's potential fighting style. He's clearly fast, cocky, has a weapon. But he has no idea who he's dealing with. Vale spun, knocking the item out of his hand, hearing it hit the ground and shatter. But her turn was awkward with such a heavy object making up her right leg. She fell, pulling Dash down with her. Using the fall to her advantage, she pinned him below her, and shoved her metal arm against his neck, locking him below her.

"I'm not going anywhere until I see him," she said, allowing herself a victorious smirk.

Dash looked up at her, a large grin on his face. "If you say so." Vale suddenly found herself below him, his arms trapping hers against the ground, his left leg, pinning her waist. "Stay here for as long as you like."

Even in her moment of irritation, she was somewhat impressed, which only made the entire situation worse. "Proud of yourself?" she asked, staring up at him and the cocky grin on his face.

"A little," he said with an easy shrug. "Look. You can't run around the ship in your condition." He sighed, looking tired. "You just had surgery and-." Vale took his moment of distraction to pull her uninjured leg up and over his body, yanking him off of her and locking his arms to his side. She rolled, using the heavy metal of her new leg to her advantage, trapping him underneath it.

"I have no intention of just lying around on this ship." Dash's boots suddenly lit up and he blasted himself several feet across the floor surprising Vale as she was suddenly yanked with him. She loosened her grip, sliding to a stop.

Dash, now free, jumped to his feet and picked up her crutch. Walking over, he pushed her back against the floor with the end of it. "Okay, not that fighting isn't fun, especially since you are doing quite a remarkable job considering you are injured and all, but it's game over."

Vale transformed her arm again and sliced the wooden crutch in half, leaving Dash holding a splintered piece of wood. "Well, that's a waste of a crutch."

Vale moved to stand up, but the metal leg was too heavy and she had nothing to grab on to. She felt like a turtle trapped on her back, her face burning in embarrassment. I should have kept the crutch. "Are you done now?" Dash asked, crouching down next to her. She didn't answer. "I'll make you a deal. I'll let you see him if you promise to stop trying to crawl out of bed every chance you get. I really don't want this to become a pattern."

Vale propped herself up on her elbows, "No more deals! You lied to me!"

Dash leaned in, his face much closer to hers than she was comfortable with. "Oh and what exactly are you accusing me of? Saving your friend's life? Giving you a place to sleep. Healing you? I'm still waiting for a thank you for ALL of those by the way."

"Healed me? Is that what you call this." She motioned to the monstrosity that was her leg.

Dash tilted his head, a confused look on his face. "Uh... yes?"

"Well, I'm not thankful for it. Not for any of this!"

Dash stood up, his eyes flashing with irritation. "Fine. You want to see him so bad, let's go." He held out his hand to help her up. She hesitated. "No games. No tricks. Come on. I don't have all day." She took his hand, and a moment later she was up in his arms again and they blasted across the hall, hovering above the ground.

A moment later they stopped in front of a door. Dash gently placed her on her feet. "He's inside."