In Dreamswap with Ink

A/N:

Decided while editing this, to split it into a SFW version, to be posted in my Living Stories one-shot book, aka here. While the NSFW part will be in the Kinktober book on AO3 when it starts!
____________________________

There were many words that could describe Ink.

So many in fact, that we will just focus on one. Lost. Capital letter L.

Ink sighed as he stared at the ceiling of the room he was stuck in. A version of himself was in the room with him, staring at him, guarding him. He didn't know why his alternate self was staring at him this hard, like he was trying to figure him out.

Turning around, Ink hid his face in the pillow he had taken from the bed. He, of course, was not on the bed, but on the floor directly beside it, not feeling like being on something soft and preferring the hard floor.

Dream had told him numerous of times to not touch weird things and Ink knew that that included random portals appearing in the Doodlesphere and- Actually, now that Ink thought about it, Error had said the same thing. And Blue. And Core. And- okay, so a lot of people had told him that. He hadn't listened to them, because if he had, he wouldn't be in this situation.

His situation, being him stuck in an alternate Multiverse. Where the one corrupted by the apples was not Nightmare, but Dream. what Ink could feel, this change caused many AU's surrounding Dreamtale to be affected, therefor changing so many things. Apparently, that's because of a... 'butterfly' effect? Not knowing if that's the correct term for Sci had once used to describe somethings in their own Multiverse, Ink just used the term he was hearing the Creators excitedly talk to each other about.

That was something that was different in this place too.

Ink was able to perfectly hear the Creators, but it seemed that his alternate couldn't. Or at least no longer followed what they said.

It was something that Ink could barely comprehend at first. Not listening to the Creators? Knowing their wants, their orders, hearing them loose motivation and leave and then... not help them? Not do as they said?

That was a utter foreign concept to Ink. Even Error followed the commands of the Anon's, the cast out Creators deemed too destructive and toxic.

But Ink was seeing it happen right in front of him.

It had happened while he was talking to the Dream of this place, a Creator suddenly called out for help. Call him weak-willed or whatever, but the moment he heard them call out, his brush appeared in his hand and he was ready to run off to help them. However, his alternate stopped him before he could leave.

He had been very confused, this Creator had called for help, they should go and help them! Did his alternate want to do it on his own?

Then he had been informed that they didn't respond to all Creators. That this Creator wanted them to make an AU that had negativity and that that was not allowed.

'Only the positive ones,' the Dream alternate had said with a smile.

It... it disgusted Ink.

Ever since he had learned of the Balance both he and Error were unknowingly upholding, Ink had thrown himself into learning more about it. It was something that made sure that he wouldn't be forgotten.

Error had been upset at first, but after a long screaming session between them, he had begrudgingly accepted it. It had been a very long time since then and Ink knew that Error was so much happier now, having gotten together with their Dream and no longer getting attacked when doing his job.