𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

ADJUSTING THE BACKPACK STRAP ONTO her shoulder, Genevieve fiddled with her tie one-handed. The five of them had changed into their Gryffindor robes near the end of the journey and were all ready for the Sorting Ceremony of new students. Both Sirius and James ran through the train corridor, knocking every year students out of the way, clearing a path for the other three.

Genevieve shook her head, an amused smirk on her face as she watched her two best friends still play fighting. "D'ye two e'er behave yerselves?" She asked them. They both stood up, leaning on each other with mischievous grins, shaking their heads. "Didnae thin' so."

A sudden impact to her shoulder nearly sent Genevieve flying. She didn't catch who it was at first until she looked ahead of her. The likes of Avery and Mulciber were in front of her, followed shortly by Thalia Ebeneer and surprisingly Severus Snape.

She shook her head at the boys who seemed ready to hex the group right then and there. Walking over to them she stood between them, throwing her arms over their shoulders. "Ignore 'em lads, they are'nae worth it." She said, loud enough for them to hear.

The boys chuckled as the group made their way to where the carriages were. Genevieve was excited to ride in the horseless carriages. Sirius gave her a helping hand up before she returned it for him and the other boys, particularly Remus who nearly fell back just as he stepped into the carriage. Sitting beside him, she rested her head on his knitted sweater making him smirk.

"Is little Genny tired?" She nodded, rubbing one of her eyes. "Don't fall asleep during the Sorting." Sirius warned her.

She shrugged. "If I do, someone wake me up." She instructed them. "It'll probably be tha' stupi' sortin' son' I fall kip to." James snorted at her observation. "I'm nae wron', I ken wha' I'm like."

"We solemnly swear that if you are to fall asleep Genevieve, then we will wake you up before the Sorting." James informed her in a forced posh accent. She thanked him jokingly before laughing, the pair never being able to be serious around each other. "Are we ready for the school song though?" Genevieve groaned loudly, making Remus cover his ear to prevent damage. "Is that a no?"

"O' all de thin's de founders coulda picke' an' dey go with, Hogwar's, Hogwar's, Hoggy War'y Hogwar's, teach us sommat please?" She sang the beginning line. "Ut'er bollocks is tha'."

"Have we learned some new swears over the summer Genevieve?' She nodded in reply to Sirius' inquiry. "Thought we had." She chuckled, beginning to bounce her leg impatiently as the carriage dragged its way along.

Remus watched the movement of her leg bouncing. He'd noticed the girl had done it mainly when she got bored or impatient for a class to finish during their last year. "Gen, we'll be at the castle soon." She looked up to him confused. He pointed to her leg still bouncing before she pressed her hand to her thigh, stopping it.