marius; idiot

A/N: e/c = eye colour h/c = hair colour

I was working yet another late shift at the Café Musain. The lights were dim and the moon was full. It was a beautiful night that I was unfortunately spending indoors.

The boys were still upstairs, no surprise there, but they were being louder than usual. The floorboards creaked above me and cheering and clapping was heard.

I wonder what that's about...

I brought a tray of beer tins to a table of three young men.

"Merci."

"Thanks."

The third only nodded his head.

I smile and nod before going back behind the bar to clean some glasses that I had forgotten to clean.

I always felt at peace whenever I cleaned the glasses of the bar. I'm not sure why, but it was always calming for me. Maybe it's the sense of achievement-

The sudden silence on the upper level of the café interrupted my thoughts. It was no later followed by the shattering of a glass.

Great another mess to clean up.

I grabbed the broom and dust pan from under the sink and began to ascend up the stairs and into the still strangely silent room.

Once I reached the door, I placed a light knock on it, to which the door was opened by Enjolras.

"Bonsoir Y/n."

"Bonsoir. Is everything alright? I heard a glass break."

"Huh? Oh, yes. Marius dropped it."

He moves away from the door frame to reveal Marius laying on his stomach on top of a table, looking down at the broken glass. His hands were tightly gripping the edges of the table and his knees were bent up, letting his feet lightly kick back and forth. He had a look of concentration on his face. His lip between his teeth and eyebrows furrowed.

"What's up with him?"

"Marius? I honestly don't know. But I do know that he is drunk off his arse."

I give him a questioning look, in hopes for an elaboration to the Pontmercy boy's unusual behaviour.

"He came in and just started drinking." Enjolras says with a shrug before walking back to his desk.

I raise an eyebrow and then approach the man. I crouch down to meet his eye level and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Marius?"

"Y/N!"

He yells, making me jump and almost fall onto the shattered glass.

"Oh Y/n, it was horrible!" Marius whines as he begins to get off the table. "Somebody dropped a glass, and it almost killed me! Hey- but I'm alright. See?" He does a 360 turn and smirks.

"Uh-huh..."

I say with raised eyebrows before clutching the broom in my hands to clean up the glass Marius apparently didn't break.

As I sweep, I feel a set of eyes on the side of my head. I look up and see Marius goofily smiling at me.

"Can I go to the bathroom?"

I close my eyes and tilt my head.

"I'm sorry?"

"May I use the restroom?" Marius asks again, but crouches down and holds his hands over his crotch.