Author's Note

Wow, what a journey it has been to the end. First off, I want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for reading all the way to the end! I had an amazing time writing Evelyn and Miles's story, and I think that it really wrapped up nicely.

I wanted to write this story for a couple of reasons. Mainly, I wanted to show girls an example of a healthy and normal-looking relationship. Sometimes stories on Wattpad or really anywhere can paint love in a different picture than what anyone will likely experience. So I wanted to show a true and pure formation of love.

I have divorced parents. It's not a secret that I'm burdened with; I typically wear my heart on my sleeve and am open about it. Divorce wasn't the main focus of the story, but I wanted it to still exist in it. I haven't encountered many stories that focus on the effects of it, and I just really want to share the hardships and the beauty that can come from it. That may very well come more clearly in another story I write, but for now it lies in Evelyn's heart.

And, of course, the pandemic! The COVID-19 pandemic obviously inspired the setting and events that took place. I wrote this while I was vacationing in Florida during the pandemic. My family has stayed very safe and careful, despite taking the risk of going there. I want people to know to take this seriously. This is a very real thing. And even if you're not concerned about yourself or your family getting it, please respect that other people are. Other people have family members or even themselves that they have to worry about. So please show some respect and wear your mask.

But, enough of that.

I seriously cannot thank you enough for reading my short story. I wanted to keep it short partially because I suck at sticking out full-length novels, but also because I wanted it to be short and sweet. I think that it was a good duration for the development of their relationship.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me. You can comment on my works, PM me, post on my profile, whatever! I'm always up for a conversation or can offer assistance.

And, finally, remember that you are important, you are beautiful, and you are loved. You deserve to be loved, and you deserve to love someone. And, I promise you, you will find someone. I never thought it was possible for me, and yet I miraculously did, and I fell in love with him. Remember your self-worth, and don't let anyone treat you less than you deserve.

Love,
MajesticSunrises