. 𝟎𝟎𝟒 .

warning: swearing, also I HAVENT EDITED THIS CHAPTER

° . ° • ' . ° • '

 . • ' . one week later

Tulia was live. 

Dakota was bored. 

Jasmin was taking one of her siblings to some gathering upstate, so Dakota had spent her day at Tulia's place, lounging on the couch as her sister was upstairs playing Minecraft. Dakota would have been playing as well, if not for the fact that the day before she hadn't logged off their shared Minecraft server - playing all night - and Jasmin had forbidden her for playing for the day under pain of losing her birthday present. A present which Jasmin had been hyping up for weeks. Needless to say, she was fairly determined to gain that present. It was only a week or so until her birthday, soon enough she would be holding it. And she would be 21, that was also an achivement.

Dakota let out a long, low groan, consisting of a combination of tiredness, boredom and annoyance as she stretched out on the couch, rolling onto the floor with a thud. While laying there, facedown on the floor, she passed the time by slowly hitting her head against the floor. Not extremely practical, but it seemed to be the entertainment that her brain wanted in that moment. The floor was not very comfortable. That kind of carpet that looked nice, but when laying on it you would understand that it was as scratchy as a thousand itch worms on your person. About a legs length from the couch - which was pale blue in colour - was a wooden and glass coffee table, neat and tidy as everything was in this apartment. Beyond that was the tv stand and a set of drawers filled with xbox and ps4 games that belonged to Jasmin.

She was always jealous of their relationship, and of how effortlessly the two of them made being an adult seem so easy. Dakota moved out of home as soon as she turned 18, finding her own place as cheap as she could with the money she'd been saving up since 8th grade. Tulia had waited a year, and moved in with Jasmin. They seemed stable and worked well together. They made life seem so easy, which was something Dakota couldn't quite comprehend.

Perhaps that stability was something Dakota wished for? But surely she felt happy and content with her current way of life. She loved streaming, she didn't mind being stuck inside all of the time. Dakota liked staying home rather then going out with friends. Dakota paused her little existential crisis on the floor of her sisters house as she tried to think of what the present from Jasmin could be.

Perhaps tickets to a concert? No, there weren't any concerts because of COVID still. Plus, Dakota didn't do well with crowds. Oh! Pc upgrades! no. She'd just gotten a whole new setup.

"l'll be back in a second, entertain my stream, for me Will" Dakota heard her sister exit the room and walk down the hallway to the bathroom, and took her chance. Vaulting less then gracefully off of the couch and up the stairs, she opened the door of Tulia's room and could see her setup now. On the far side of her bed, which was once again neatly made, was her desk and computer setup. Two monitors with Minecraft open on one, and the stream open on another. No face cam of course. They didn't do facecams in this family. Dakota sat herself down in the chair, a little puffed from the run up the stairs - thank God for her crazy fast metabolism otherwise with her lifestyle she'd be a living blob - and pulled the headset onto her head, brushing her untied hair behind her ear. Someone was speaking to the viewers. And she would recognise that British accent anywhere. Dakota got very close to the mic, turned up the sensitivity, and then.