Chapter XV

"I say we are making good time," Lexa mused when they stopped to make camp that night, the last couple of weeks had not been an easy trip on them but they were slowly making their way to Robb's camp

"I say we are making good time," Lexa mused when they stopped to make camp that night, the last couple of weeks had not been an easy trip on them but they were slowly making their way to Robb's camp. It certainly wasn't an easy trip on Vitoria, who was entering some troublesome weeks of her pregnancy and they were hopeful that they would reach the Northern army camp before she gave birth.

Rena helped her sit down, she was pleased that they had made it so far away from Winterfell. They had been traveling non-stop since they had left the castle behind and they had been lucky enough not to run into anyone, especially bandits that might be on the road.

They had very little with them and Emmett had done his best to make sure they had enough to travel with; there had been little time to prepare and they were avoiding major settlements not wishing to attract any attention. Vitoria was Queen in the North and people would likely whisper if they saw her traveling; it would attract attention that they didn't need right now. She'd be rather easy to recognize, considering her features were not common so far North.

Everyone was distracted by the war that was going on and she knew they were all thankful for that. It meant that no one was really looking for them instead they were focused on the fighting that was going on. Vitoria looked over at Alia who was already sleeping, between Artos and Leila. She was relieved that her children were with her. Looking at Rickon, who was in Rena's arms as she hummed him a lullaby, she only regretted not pushing for them to wait for Bran, so he could come with them.

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"You've been quiet recently," Talisa murmured walking alongside Robb, she had travelled along with him to the Crag to collect supplies to relax those that she had already used. It had been hard keeping away from Robb while he grieved for his wife but Talisa knew that it was for the best, he wasn't in a good place and she didn't blame him for being so upset about all of this. Their night together had been a one-off, he had been in his cups and sought comfort in the arms of a woman. She knew he blamed himself for it, for betraying Vitoria's memory before she was deep in the ground and she was understanding of it.

Things had not been easy since the news of the attack on Winterfell arrived and they had gotten worse with Walder Frey attempting to convince Robb to marry one of his daughters in exchange for his continued help in the war. The Lord of the Crossing wanted to see one of his daughters become Queen in the North and that could only happen if Robb agreed to marry one of them. Privately, she did think he would need to remarry before the war ended. His four children — born and unborn —and his brothers had been killed, no one knew where his youngest sister was and that left him and his sister who was a Lannister hostage as the only way to carry on the Stark line.

"There is a lot on my mind," Robb replied not saying much, he had so much going on and he wished that there was some way that he could speak with Vitoria. He had never thought that this was how their marriage would work out and it hurt Robb that he hadn't been there to protect her from Theon but he hadn't been and now he had to deal with that.