Chapter 9

Magnus was getting worried, Alec should have been back 2 hours ago. Magnus had tried calling and texting Alec, but he hadn't replied. Magnus decided to try calling Jace, he may have made Alec stay late to do his paper work again. Magnus had tried to stop Jace doing this, but Jace was good at making Alec feel like he had to do it. Though Magnus was mad at Jace for this, he would rather Alec was doing work than be danger as he feared. 

"Jace is Alec with you?" Magnus asked when Jace picked up. 

"No I thought he would have gone back to your place". 

"Really you didn't make him do more work?" 

Jace rolled his eyes, "Magnus, Alec likes doing paper work. But no I didn't ask him to today". 

"I'm tired of you making Alec do your work but that will need to wait. I'm really worried about Alec". 

"Me too, I haven't seen him today. We were meant to meet for training with Izzy but he never showed. I thought he was on a mission or something". 

Magnus was even more worried now, it wasn't like Alec to miss training for a mission without telling Jace or Izzy as he knew how protective they were of him. Magnus was afraid Victor or another alpha had done something to Alec, and voiced his concerns to Jace. 

"If that bastard has hurt Alec I'm going to kill him!" Jace said furiously. 

"You'll have to get in line. I'm going to the institute to have a chat with Victor. Check Alexander's room in case he is in there", Magnus said and hung up not waiting for Jace's reply. 

Magnus immediately teleported to Victor's office not caring that he didn't have an appointment. Magnus saw red when he saw Alec chained to Victor's chair unconscious. Alec's clothes were ripped up giving away what had happened. Magnus rushed over to Alec and couldn't hold back his tears when he saw that his mating bite was replaced by another. 

"Get away from my mate!" 

Magnus whirled around to see Victor coming back into the office. "He isn't yours he's mine". 

"Surely you have seen my mating bite, that is proof enough he belongs to me". 

"You gave it to him against his will!" Magnus roared. 

"It doesn't matter Magnus and you know it. Whether it is willing or not it is still a mating bite". 

"Let him go right now". 

"Or what? You'll kill me? You know that if you kill me you will kill Alec as he is bound to me". 

Magnus' heart dropped, he knew it was true there was no way he could kill Victor without losing Alec. Alec started to stir and Magnus turned to him with a broken heart. He wanted to save him but he couldn't without killing him and Magnus recognized the chains Victor was using, they were rare magical chains that would kill the victim if you tried to use magic to break them free. 

Alec blinked a few times trying to clear his vision. His heart leapt when he saw Magnus and he tried to get up to hug him. But the chains stopped him and reality came crashing back. He was trapped and even his renewed struggles weren't enough to break free. 

"I suggest you leave now or Alec will pay the price", Victor threatened. 

Magnus hugged Alec, "I promise I won't rest until I find a way to save you". Magnus said and reluctantly portalled back to his apartment. 

"Victor please stop this and let me go". 

"You know I can't do that. I heard you want to become a vampire, it would be wonderful to have you for eternity".