What Happens On Halloween Stays On Halloween.

Trick-or-treating wasn't his favourite holiday tradition. Nathaniel hated children. Spite was a better word for his feeling toward the mini humans.

He had been secretly poisoned the candies for years. Nathaniel never got it right with his poison. He wasn't the smartest person in the room, but how hard could it be to doctor the confectionery. He made sure this time he would succeed by dumping all the poison in his secret stash of sweets.

He sat down, sipping his coffee when his mind went back to the day he found out he couldn't father a child. It was on the Halloween ten years earlier. His ex-wife didn't just left him right after, but also spread his embarrassing news to everyone she knew. He was being ridiculed ever since.

Now she had a new family with a punk half her age. Having 4 children with her new husband, she made sure to rub it in his face every now and then.

The memory of her made his head hurt. He felt dizzy and fell backwards when getting up to get a glass of water. His vision went blurry. It took Nathaniel a few minutes to register what had happened.

Did he just stupidly use the same coffee mug from his experiment with the poison this morning?

The last thing he saw on his living room wall was the sign he bought on the day his wife left him.

"What happens on the Halloween stays on the Halloween."