Chapter 17

As a brief evening breeze passes through a thick forest of Fire Nation territory, Team Avatar is seen at a clearing where a landmark is placed, showing off a map and other pamphlets of advertisement.

Kaiyo is currently looking over the map posted up, he hummed as he trailed his finger over a pathway.

He listened as Aang and the rest of kids were talking about some festival pamphlet. Oka tugged on his pant leg, "What is it, bud?"

Oka merely whined, prompting Kaiyo to raise a brow. The trio of younger kids ran up to him now.

"Kaiyo, look at this!" Aang held out the pamphlet.

"It's a festival being held in a town not too far from here," Katara also insisted.

Kaiyo sighed, "Kids, I know you may want to--"

"It would be great place for me to study some real firebenders!" Aang became excited.

"You might wanna rethink that," Sokka suddenly said from another side of the landmark.

The team all walked over to see wanted posters of them all. Kaiyo held his chin as he ran over his options whilst the rest of kids looked at their wanted posters.

He listened as Aang continued to talk more on wanting to learn fire bending.

"But Aang--" Katara was cut off when Kaiyo held her shoulder.

"Okay, but we'll only be in and out," Kaiyo said as he looked at each of them with a serious stare, "And no trouble, okay?"

Katara, Aang and Sokka all nodded to which Kaiyo whistled for Oka and the wolf brought over four cloaks.

"Here, I got these back when we visited Aunt Wu," Kaiyo handed them each a cloak of their own, "I wanna be in and out before any of you rugrats gets into trouble."

"Yeah, because we always manage to leave before gettin into trouble," Sokka said whilst putting on his cloak and following after Kaiyo whom tipped his hat.

Him and Sokka were now at the front whilst Katara and Aang followed behind talking about what they would do at the festival.

"Hey...Kaiyo," Sokka tried to break the silence, "Look, for the past few days we haven't really been talking and I just wanted--"

"We're here," Kaiyo said and turned around to address the rest of the group just as fireworks went off, "Remember, nothing to draw attention to yourselves."

He suddenly reached into a pouch attached to his belt and pulled out some copper pieces, handing each of them to the kids.

"Woah, thanks Kaiyo!" Aang said as he counted his pieces.

"Hey, are you sure we have enough money to be spending here?" Katara asked.

Sokka merely remained silent not wanting to be a bother as he looked to each of the food stands.

"Yes, don't worry, kiddo,"  Kaiyo chuckled and patted her head, "Now go have some fun, but not too much fun, okay?"

The kids all nodded and went their separate ways. The white haired teen sighed and went off to one of the stands where a man was selling little trinkets.

"Step right up--Step right up!" the man seemed to be trying to attract as much attention as possible since it was a carnival, "Come one, come all to witness-" he threw a few pellets on the ground, emitting smoke, "THE AMAZING TRINKET MASTER!"

Kaiyo raised a brow, 'This should be...interesting...'

......

In the Fire Nation Capital, the royal family is seen sitting at the top of their podium, seemingly enjoying a parade as well.