Chapter 39

As Kaiyo and the Freedom Fighters walked through the entrance to get into the Earth Kingdom Palace of Ba-Sing-Se, they looked around at all of the destruction Team Avatar had caused on their way in.

Jet whistled, "What happened here?"

"My kids happened," Kaiyo mused, "That's what."

"Man, you weren't kidding when you said they cause trouble," Smeller-Bee replied as she was walking with them and looking around at the groaning soldiers as well.

Upon making their way inside of the castle, Kaiyo could see that the throne room's giant doors had been broken down.

Kaiyo and the others walked in to see Aang and rest of the gaang discussing something with the Earth King himself.

"Who goes there?!" an Earth Kingdom soldier stood at attention.

The kids looked back to see Kaiyo there...

"Kaiyo!"

"Kaiyo!"

"Kaiyo!"

"Kaiyo!"

They all ran towards him and tackled the white haired teen who let out an oof as he was sent to the ground.

The King and Freedom Fighters chuckled along with Kaiyo.

"Looks like you kids did well," Kaiyo mused as the kids all got off of him and Jet helped him up.

"Pfft, it was a piece of cake," Toph waved it off.

"Sort of," Sokka added in only for Toph to punch his arm followed by a distinct huff, "Ow! What was that for?!"

"You're not supposed to say that! Just go along with it," Toph had her arms folded.

Kaiyo released a breath of amusement before looking to the King and bowing, "Your Highness."

"Ah, so you must be the famous Kaiyo," the Earth King responded, "I am Earth King Kuei, the kids have been talking about you non stop."

"Have they?" Kaiyo chuckled nervously whilst rubbing his head, "All good things I hope."

"Of course," Kuei smiled, "Sokka here also tells me that you're quite skilled in combat and an excellent tactician."

"You flatter me, Your Highness," Kaiyo smiled, "I assume Aang and the others have gotten you caught up on the situation at hand?"

"Yes, they have," Kuei answered with a tired sigh, "I don't know what to think anymore of this situation."

"I think you've had a long enough day, sir," Kaiyo nodded, "You should get some rest and gather your Generals tomorrow. We can discuss plans later on."

"I agree," Kuei smiled, "Aang was right, you are wise."

Kaiyo's smile remained as he bowed, "Thank you and good night. Your Highness."

"Wait, where are you all staying now?" Kuei asked, "On our way back to the Palace this evening Katara said that she spotted your house destroyed."

"Yes," Kaiyo answered, "An unfortunate outcome, but I'm supposed to have enough pieces to get us two rooms for my friends and I."

"Nonsense!" Kuei answered, "You can use our guest rooms here at the Palace."

Kaiyo went to decline, "Oh no, we couldn't--"

"We'll take 'em!" Sokka immediately jumped in.

Keui laughed whilst Kaiyo and Team Avatar groaned.