Chapter 18

In the dead of night Team Avatar is seen sitting around a camp fire as a story teller recounted one of his many tales.

"So travelers," the man began, "The next time you think you hear a strange large bird talking...take a closer look...fore it might not be a giant parrot, but a flying man."

Kaiyo had his hat tipped as he and Oka were lying on the ground, with Kaiyo's head to the wolf's back. The white haired teen listened as he heard the story teller go on about 'Air Walkers,' a.k.a. the strange people hanging around the Northern Air Temple.

Kaiyo could practically feel the excitement radiating off of Aang as the man finished his story and was making the rounds for change.

The kids all received a copper coin to give to the story teller from Kaiyo.

"Aren't Airbender stories the best?" Aang asked the rest of the group.

"Was it realistic? Was that how it was back then?" Katara was genuinely curious.

"I laugh at gravity all the time," Aang stated tempting a chuckle out of Kaiyo.

The man then got to the kids whom gave him a copper piece each.

"Much obliged young travelers," he noticed Kaiyo didn't give him any, "And, uh--"

"Nope," Kaiyo immediately answered, not even bothering to raise his hat, "My kids all gave you a copper piece, that should be enough."

"Hmph...Cheap Stake," the man turned around and was about to walk off.

"Hey, thanks for the story sir," Aang levitated to stand, "It means a lot to hear Airbender stories. It must have been a hundred years ago your great grandpa met them."

The man made a confused face, "What are you talking about, child? Great-Grandpappy saw the Air Walkers just last week."

The man gestured to the elderly gentleman behind him. Aang raised a brow and was about to ask further questions when Kaiyo suddenly got up.

"Alright, time to go rug rats," he called out to them as he was leaving with Oka in tow.

"Aang, we've got to go," Katara called as she was about to leave as well.

Aang looked back to the story teller, "Well, bye!"

The man nodded and watched as the kids all left, "What a strange family."

.....

The next day, Kaiyo could be seen flying Appa as Aang sat next to him with a map. The Water Tribe boy sighed, "Airhead, you've had your beak stuck in that map ever since we've started flying, what's up with you?"

"But Kaiyo," Aang whined as Kaiyo took the map out of his hands, "If we fly just a bit again, we'll be able to see the Northern Air Temple."

"We may, but you won't if you've got your head stuck in that map of yours," Kaiyo grabbed a hold  of Aang's head, "Look around, would ya?"

Aang laughed along with the rest of the kids as Katara was enjoying the breeze and Sokka was carving something.

"Do you really think we'll be able to find Airbenders?" Katara suddenly went and asked Sokka.

"Do you want me to be like you...or completely honest?" Sokka asked as he continued to carve out his piece of wood.

"Are you saying that I'm a liar?" Katara asked as she folded her arms.

"I'm saying that you're an optimist," he thought it over before going back to his carving, "Same thing basically."

"Hey guys!" Aang called as he smiled at the Temple at the top of a mountain.