|| Chapter 20 ||

The day was uneventful. The TV mumbled nonsense that no one was listening to, and the air was still. You sat on the couch, watching the minutes go by on your phone. What the hell is Jessica going through? You know that much is obvious, but even so, if that boy treated her in such a way in public, God only knows what happens behind closed doors.

A long sigh breaks the silence,
"Are you going to be okay?" Gerard leans forward, and puts his arm around you.
"Of course I'll be okay, I'm only going to the park, " Chuckling, you lean into his embrace.
"Well, anything can happen, and I wouldn't want anything happening to my baby boo" He nuzzles his face into your neck, bringing you closer.

You lean back, with a face so disgusted it made Gerard's own face drop a little.
"Never," You bring your face closer to his, so much so you're only centimetres apart. His warm breath on your lips made your heart flutter.
"Never, ever, call me that" Pulling away with a humph, and crossing your arms, Gerard only pulls you closer.
"Now that my dear, isn't a promise".

~~

Not many people were out on the streets this evening. With spells of rain, people seemed to be trying to avoid it. Hopefully, you thought, I'll get back before it rains too. Quickening your pace, it wasnt too long until you saw the entrance of the park in the distance. A little red gate with an arch of bushes over it, in fact, there were tall bushes all around the park, it creates a very secluded, yet peaceful place to be.

Walking through the gate, it hit you how lacking this park was. A set of two swings were in a space near the back, and a round-about, rusty and obviously broken, more over to the left. The only other thing, off to the right, was an old wooden bench, the bushes arching over the same way as they did over the gate. On this bench, sat Jessica.

You quietly walked over, and sat down on the bench. It was completely silent, except for birds and cars in the distance. It was awkward. You turn to say something but Jessica puts her hand up slightly, politely asking me not to.
" Thanks for coming, " She puts her hands in her lap. "I... I never thought I'd be talking to someone about this". Sitting back, she takes a breath. " I don't even know what to say! " Jessica throws her head into her hands and begins to sob, her body shaking and jerking in what only looked like pain.
Putting your hand on her shoulder, you say,
"You don't need to know or say anything... I saw what he did, and that's wrong," Shuffling a little closer, you add, "What needs to happen, is you need to stay away from him, " Your voice drops to a serious tone, "And he needs to be exposed. "

"And how the hell can we do that! " Jessica shouted through her tears, "He is always around me, the only reason he's not here is because I pretended to be sick and my mother told him to stay home to let me rest" Her sobbing subsided a little, "And after that, I told my mother that I just wanted to get something from the shop, which is like five minutes away..." The sobbing started again. "What will I do! My mother thinks so highly of him, she thinks he's always around to protect me!" Jessica throws her hands up in frustration, "What utter bullshit!".

You look at her, with her puffy eyes and broken heart. " Jessica, we will find a way to get you out of this, "
Her eyes stare into yours with such hope, and between you both there is a new bond created. No longer did you only know each other because of class register, you're now friends. And you're going to help her.

"Well now, ladies, " A new voice sounded from the park gate, "I don't think what you were talking about, is a good idea".
The hope in Jessicas eyes vanished.

She croaked,

" Cody? "