after the horror

Shuichi slowly opened his eyes to a bright room. He blinked a few times until his eyes set adjusted and fell on the mage next to him and the assassin laying next to her. The last thing he could remember was walking outside the school after kiibo's sacrifice and tsumugi rather quick death before their world began to glitch out and twist.

"Himiko? Maki?" He rasped but his only reply was Maki's eyes opening to his voice and himiko's small movments in the blanket. "Shuichi is that you?" Maki asked sitting up but she noticed the needle and cord inserted into her arm. "What the hell?" That woke himiko up and Maki's eyes tried to focus on her and shuichi before the door opened and a woman with lavander hair entered the room.

"Good morning, my name is Kyoko kirigiri and I'm the former ultimate detective." She paused to let them take it in. "If your wondering where you are, this is the future foundation, your new home." Maki's stare hardened "what? What do you mean by that?"

Kyoko sighed and crossed her arms over her chest. "the future foundation is the only place that's even remotely safe from the outside world." Shuichi looked up from his hands "what do you mean? What's wrong with outside?"

" What was told to you inside that simulation wasn't far from the truth. The tragedy has occurred and now the world has been thrown into despair." there was a knock at the door before it opened. "Kyoko don't scare them.." he smiled sadly "I'm Makoto Neagi the former ultimate lucky student. I'm sure your really confused right now so I'm going to let your friends explain, come on Kyoko let's leave them be for now, we still have to visit our grimlin today" he said jokingly and opened the door only for all three teenagers gasped seeing their classmates alive.

"Maki-roll your awake!" Kaito smiled widely and engulfed her in a hug, she didn't even have the care to say her favorites phrase. Tenko and Angie did the same for himiko and kaede ran up to Shuichi and almost started crying in relief "y-you guys are alive? How?!" Kaede's eyes met with his "we were in a simulation..it was to rehabilitate us so we didn't fall into dispair again..." She smiled sadly "and I guess it worked!"

"I'm so confused..where's kiibo?" he said out loud "kiibo..kiibo was an ai..but if your confused I was to, so were all of us pretty much." She Pat his shoulder. "Gonta is glad friends are okay" gonta smiled and shuichi smiled back before taking another look to see who else was missing.
"Wait...where's kokichi?" He noticed there was a lack of a curtain trouble maker.

"Umm how do I put this..." kaede trailed of. Kaito looked up sighed feeling slightly bad for his Sidekick "the gremlin is in the secure Ward, apparently he was the kid of one of the remnants of dispair and is at a high danger risk so no one's seen him since the game."
Tenko glared "good. He was worse degenerate male out of all of you!" She yelled before going back to cuddling himiko who looked ready to go back to sleep.

"What's even is a fucking remnant?!" Maki asked obviously mad about not being able to punch kokichi in his stupid face.

Rantaro sighed looking at the covered up windows "from what we've been told, they're the disciples of Junko enoshima and the ones who caused the world to pretty much end alongside her." He paused "they were really screwed up. they even took parts from her corpses to be more like her. Some took hands, eyes- even a fucking womb."

"No wonder kokichi was such a fucking psycho, look at his parents." maki spat. Before pausing "so what tsumugi said was all a lie.. was really true after all?" Before anyone could answer maki, a new face- to the surviviors at least.

"hi I'm Aoi asihina!" she smiled brightly at the newbies "I'm sorry but your friends need to rest so could you please come with me? We can go to the recreation centre!" Shuichi almost thought he saw her wince at the word.

Kaito patted maki shoulder and she glared "do you want to die?" He just sighed smiling sadly, glad that she was somewhat back to her normal self before leaving with everyone else, following hina.

•°Meanwhile°•

He never really did much but stare out of his small window out to the red sky in his hospital bed, wondering if he would ever get out. Apparently these people were smart enough to put security camera's in his room from almost every angle as well as put a tracker inside of him. where? He had no idea yet, but had some suspicions.

But even so, no one considered safe from his class could visit him even if they wanted too, which he doubted. To begin, he was horrible to everyone and to end it, he caused so many deaths, in and out of the killing game.

His face was reflected in the glass and the first thing to be noticed were his eyes. One was violet and the other a ruby red. a perfect combo for anyone who wanted to look evil he guessed. Unlike most people here, he wore something similar to his ingame clothing, it almost perfectly resembled a straight jacket but the clips where undone so he could at least do most things, the things he was allowed to do. The only people that actually had access to his room were future foundation members with high clearance like-

A knock broke his thoughts. "Come in." He sighed with his now normal monotone voice. There was no point in having a facade now was there?

"Kirigiri, Neagi." He acknowledged them before going back to look out his installed window which was reinforced.

"Your last friend's just woke up." Makoto smiled taking a seat on the edge of the bed. "That's good." Kokichi replied and Makoto smile widened slightly "hey ouma," that got kokichi to look at him. "Yes?"

"I've been talking to the higher ups and they said that you could come out to see your friends. If you want to of course! We don't want to force you into it!"

Kokichi sighed, but still grateful to have naegi be so kind to him. "Maybe. But I at least want to know more about my past, I know you know some stuff about me at least." Makoto paused for a few seconds, feeling some guilt for not being able to tell him the things he wants.

"kokichi.. you know we're not allowed to tell you anything other than that they were part of the remnants of dispair, and some of the worst ones at that." Kirigiri nodded focusing her lilac eyes on her fellow purplette. "We want to tell you but manukata is against the idea and won't allow it right now. If we are allowed to tell you we will, that we promise."

"Fine.. can I go for another walk then?" He asked and both nodded "but someone will have to with you. That can be one of us or one of your classmates if you want to talk with them." Kokichi though about his options.

"I'll go with...tsumugi then." They became pretty close to eachother after he found out about his heritage. And tsumugi pretty much worshipped the ground junko stepped on so why not make remnant jr your new obsession?
At least the two agreed and walked him towards her room.