Chapter 4. Almost

Alex's pov:

I came in to the school looking for Tori. She was my only friend and the only person that knew a shit loud of stuff on Hayes. I kept looking around when I bumped in to someone making me drop my books. "Sorry." I said picking up my books. "Oh well look who it is, hi Alex." I knew that voice. It was Gilinsky. "What to do you want Jack?" I said looking up to see him smirking. He stood there and just started to smile larger, I knew what was about to happen I turned around to see Sammy about to pour some of the left over breakfast from the cafeteria on me. Sam dropped his hands and smiled at me. "Hey Alex nice day we're having yes?" He looked so uncomfortable it was kinda funny. "Hi Sam I'm guessing that left over bacon and eggs was for me not the ground." He looked to the ground to see that he had spilled the food all over the ground and his shoes.

"FUCK!" Sam ran all the way to the bathroom, while Gilinsky didn't look so happy. He started walking towards me and at this point I was scared. "You think you're so cool Alex, well guess what you're not! you're just another nerd trying to fit in and trying to make friends, and let me just tell you the truth because I don't think anyone is going to say this but Alex, no one wants to be friends with you!" He said the last part a bit louder than everything else. I had my back against the locker and was trying to fight the tears back but I know I wouldn't be able to any longer. "HEY! Gilinksy." I looked up to see Tori walking right to us. "Hey Tori looking fine as ever." GIlinsky said while rubbing his hand over his mouth. "Naughty Gilinsky you know I'm with Cam." Tori said really innocent and i mean REALLY.

I looked up at Gilinsky and noticed his fists clenched. "Fuck Cam he needs to share." with that Gilinsky pushed Tori in to the locker and was about to attack her neck when she opened her mouth and started to speak. "No no Gilinsky." She said while shaking her finger in his face. Gilinsky had a really confused face on right now but it changed when Tori pointed behind him, Cameron was right behind Jack with his arms crossed. "Jack." Cam said. "Uh yeh man?" Jack said while rubbing the back of his neck. "What the fuck are you doing with my girlfriend." Jack turned his head to see Tori smiling and then turned his head back to Cam, after a few seconds he ran out of the school.

Tori and Cam high fived each other and pecked each others lips. "Hey you ok Alex?" Tori said while walking towards me. "Yeah I'm fine, thanks for that by the way." I said looking down at my shoes. "It was no big deal I had to get back at Gilinsky for destroying your perfect outfit yesterday." I chuckled "You didn't have to." "I wanted too." She said putting her hand on my arm. "Hey I'm still here you know." Cam said sounding like a 5 year old. Tori and I started laughing. After a while the bell rang and we all went our seperate ways.

I had science next with Hayes and boy was I looking forward to that! Not. Hayes and I haven't talked to eachother or anything since yesterdays little talk.

*flashback*

"How do you know Jack Gilinsky?" Hayes asked

"Jacks my brother." I said.I looked at Hayes and saw that he looked confused.

"But your name is Porter not Gilinsky." He stated.

"Ya I know, I'm adopted and I'm still not comfertable with using his last name." I replied back while starting to walk forward again.

Hayes just nodded and didn't say another word until we both had to depart ways.

"Stick with Porter it's probably the only thing you can still keep from your biologial family."

*end of flashback*

I still couldn't believe that Hayes didn't know that Jack and I were siblings it's pretty much the talk of the entire school. I walked in to class and saw that Hayes wasn't here. I looked around and still nothing, I guess he's probably late like always. Our teacher started class but half way in to it her got a call from the office "Hello Mr. Tanner it's the office could you please pick up." Mr. Tanner paused and yelled back at the phone "Yup just hold on! Everyone just get with your partners and discuss our projects." Mr. Tanner stepped out of the room with the phone an although he was literally still at the door everyone just decided to go nuts. I looked at the time and realized Hayes still wasn't here where the hell is he, he's usually not this late.