Chapter 1: Reminiscence

"Hey!" A loud voice boomed across the courtyard

"Hey!" A loud voice boomed across the courtyard. "Watch where you're aiming. I'm in the opposite direction of the target, how could you have possibly shot your arrow my way?" Seokjin exclaimed, confusion laced in his tone.

"Okay I get it, I suck. Don't need to rub it in. It's not like you can do any better." His younger brother snickered to himself and watched as Seokjin's expression morphed from confusion to anger.

"Say that again you little pompous brat." Jin challenged before running full speed at him and playfully secured his head into a headlock.

Spring was blossoming and the air was balmy, so the family of four had gathered out in the castle's courtyard at the request of their father, who claimed that his children were procrastinating from bow practice.

"Say it again Tae Tae!" Jin repeated, which caused Taehyung to erupt into laughter as his brother casually ruffled his head. Taehyung's hands coming up to latch onto Jin's arm to try and pry it away. After a good ten seconds or so Taehyung gave up, the strength contrast as clear as day. Instead, he opted for a truce.

"Sorry, Jinnie." Taehyung shouted back in between his chuckles. Once their laughter died down, Taehyung slumped. "I can't seem to get my posture right." Frustration evident in his voice.

Taehyung had always found archery to be one of the more difficult skills to learn amongst the array of tasks he was expected to master as the second eldest in the royal family. Taehyung had been standing there helpless for fifteen minutes already, still not having landed a single arrow on the target. Much like his older brother; Jin, they found the structure of the bow to be quite uncomfortable, both usually opting for a sword instead.

"Come on Tae Tae, here, daddy will show you." Kneeling down next to his middle son, the youngest son; Jungkook, watched as his father held onto Taehyung's arm. Softly, his father moved Taehyung's finger onto the string of the bow and adjusted his aim. Taehyung followed his father's directions in silence, a small pout still evident on his lips. "Just like that."

Following his father's gentle words, Jungkook attempted to mimic Taehyung's posture and finger placement before pulling the string back and letting go. His baby doe-eyes widened in amazement as the arrow landed successfully onto the large red dot in the middle of the target.

Excitedly, Jungkook turned to his father and pointed towards the target. His father shot him a proud grin and gestured for Taehyung to let go of the string, however, even with the guides of his father, Taehyung's arrow still missed. His failure caused his pout to deepen further and a small whine erupted from his lips. His cuteness only caused his father to chuckle.

"Dad it's not funny." Taehyung shot back. "I don't understand, I did exactly what you told me."

Jungkook never liked to see his older brother upset, so his first instinct was to clasp onto his hand, in an attempt to comfort. him "It's okay Tae Tae, you will get it next time."