Around Me

'Simple but intricate, vague but compound, large yet comforting' these were Blair's initial thoughts as she examined the structure of the assembly hall. The layout was simple enough, with plush seats taking up most of the space and a wooden planked stage at a slightly higher level in the front. She spotted a blonde haired girl beside whom two seats were empty, 'either she is a sore thumb who everyone despised or she is the queen and nobody dared take a seat beside her, but judging by the throng girls that surrounded her who were trying too hard being her wanna-be's, dressed exactly like her, she was the queen' Blair concluded.

'Okay wait... Wasn't camo their mandatory uniform? Then why on earth are these girls wearing navy blue skirts paired with white blouses and the guys wearing the same shade of blue trousers with white button-downs?!'

Damien who was standing beside her, observing her reactions caught up with her questioning gaze. He gave out a deep chuckle and with a small smile said "Right, the girl sitting there is Serena Van Der Woodsen, the current queen of Admiral, hierarchy here is very thought. You don't get in unless you have a big name or are confident enough to have a stand off with the ruling party." This brought out an evil glint in Blair's eyes 'hmm... so somethings remain the same everywhere, I would give anyone a tough fight if the stood up to me at Constance' she thought ruefully. "Oh and we have two uniforms one which is camo, worn for the morning march and the obstacle course in the evening, two these uniforms which is worn for the study lectures."

"Everyone here is called a cadet attached with their last name, for example I am called cadet Dalgaard. The lieutenant's and general's can only be called with their first names but have to be respected as sir or ma'am." He then proceeded to point at the backs of people who Blair assumed were to be called by their first names. "The clock used here isn't the normal one, it's a twenty-four hour clock, at first you will find it funny but later you get used to it" Damien said. After he was done talking he noticed that Blair was trowing weird judgmental eyes at him. He turned red as a tomato defending himself "Don't look at me that way I joined here only last year, I had the same thoughts."

To his surprise she gave out a hearty laugh at that and he found himself smiling with her. By this time they had attracted quiet a crowd that was eyeing them intently. Damien cleared his throat uncomfortably, wanting to get over this awkward moment as soon as possible. Blair on the other hand seemed to be used to the attention and gave out a sly smirk.

Her surveillance shifted to the blond, the so called 'queen' and she started to scrutinize the girls appearance. The skirt she wore hardly covered her ass, the black tie hung loosely around her neck, the white shirt was too close to transparent for Blair's liking and her top few buttons were undone. Her blonde hair looked crazy, they only resembled being tamed due to a hair-tie placed carelessly midst of the thick locks. She looked clumsy, carefree and wild. Her looks screamed to be given attention. Blair got why she was the queen of Admiral, her looks seemed to subdue Blair's confidence. She had beautiful tanned skin and eyes as blue as the ocean. Girls strived to be her and boys wanted her.

Lola, she looked exactly like Lola, taking everything that was rightfully Blair's without having to work half as hard as she did. Lola took John, Eleanor and her minions at one point were under Lola's rule. She wouldn't let history repeat itself she couldn't.

Blair lacked confidence. She had insecurities, a lot of them. But she nurtured a large ego inside herself which always seemed to over wright for her deficit confidence and that made her want to have a raging stand off with the queen.

Holding her chin high up in the air, Blair wended towards the blond and met the steely gaze with one of her own ice-queen, bitch glare, which had many whimpering in front of her. Sure enough the blonde's gaze faltered. 'Good' Blair thought to herself, if everyone couldn't like her, then she would make sure that everyone would fear her.