18- WHAAAAAAAT??!!!

As if on cue a portal opened and James landed on the sand. He turned in the direction of the portal. Stretching his hand he gave a shout, "LUCIEEEE, QUICK!!" And there, "JAMES" Lucie screamed back as she came running, and used  his outstreched hand to hurl herself out of the portal. The portal closed immediately and both the siblings fell on the ground breathing hard. Everyone was looking at them with wide-eyes. Mina and Wei Lian were the first to regain composture. 

As soon as Mina came out of shock she ran towards James and Lucie, Wei Lian was just after her. He knelt beside James and looked at Mina and said, "Mina, James has wounds from demon metal, your the one who is expert on it." Mina nodded while inspecting Lucie's wounds by now, Max was there beside them too. She said, "Will, take care of Lucie then. She has minor injuries. 10 minutes of attention and she will be healed."

 Rafe looked with curiosity and love as those very same kids who were barely 5 years, when he came to the shadow realm are now acting so mature, sorry BECAME so mature. He remembered playing with Mina and Wei Lian, their little baby giggles, and now, now they both are some 170  years old!!

And then Mina started to tend to James. Just as she finished healing him, she said, "There you go, just a bit of medicine every 4 hours, and you'll be healed within 24 hours." Just then another portal opened, and 2 girls, one was blonde, the other was a brunette hopped out, their swords drawn and after them, a girl with fiery hair, just like aunt clary's, Rafe thought, jumped out. She was wielding cortana, Rafe observed.  In one violent motion the girl with fiery red hair turned and slashed on the portal with her cortana, and the portal disappeared. Then she dropped on all fours. 

Mina dashed towards them and so did Max and Tessa. Mina knelt before the girl with Red hair, her eyes widened as she saw her wounds and she gave a shout, "WILL, WILL!! CORDELIA HERE HAS YIN FEN IN HER! IT IS YOUR AREA OF EXPERTISE, PLEAAAASE DON'T LET HER DIE!!" Will was beside them in a blink of an eye. "Cordelia" James whispered, the girl, with red hair, whispered "James" and then she fell unconscious. So her name is Cordelia, Rafe confirmed in his mind.

Wei Lian took Cordelia and yellow flame erupted from his fingers, and then he looked up and said to James, "Let her rest for an hour, just some medicine every 1 hour and she will be fine in less than 18 hours" James nodded. "Even you and Lucie need rest" Mina said placing a hand on his shoulder. James nodded. A few feet away from them, Tessa and Max have healed the two girls who came along with Cordelia. 

Just the Magnus came out and he said, "Everything is ready, take them into this cave, i- let's say i used some warlock tricks up my sleeve."

*Time skip*

James, Cordelia and Lucie were all sitting outside, they just woke up and came out, and Tessa handed them some hot soup. The just took a sip, when the other two girls came out. Tessa smiled warmly at them and gestured them to sit near to the fire and handed them the bowl of hot soup. The two girls smiled gratefully and  sipped the soups in their bowls. 

After finishing  their soups, Ava and Ema introduced themselves, and then  James and Lucie started telling their tale, James said how he left Cordelia with the Cardale sisters, "After walking a while i met Lucie, we both had the same place to go, if i left her there, Belial would find her anyways, it was better for her to be with me , i could keep an eye on her and keep her safe. After walking for some time, We saw Belial standing there. We did not know what to do, and he set 2 mandhikhor demons loose on us. We killed one, but the other we escaped in nick of time."

After their story, Cordelia started narrating hers, "Me, Ava and Ema, walked maybe a few kilometers, when" she looked at Jem and said, "When Greater Demon Yanulo made his grand appearance"  Jem's eyes widened as soon as  she said that, continuing Cordelia said, "It seems Jem he didn't kill your parents and tortured you, for-for destroying his nest, he did that because you were a Carstairs, and you-you were the Cortana bearer. But now he saw i wield Cortana and am sure a Carstairs, he attacked me, if it wasn't for Ema and Ava, i would have died, really died." Jem turned to the sisters and smiled "Thank you ' he whispered, "Thank you for saving my cousin" The two sisters smiled back at Jem. '