Meeting the Gaang

As everyone filed off the bus Katara glanced over their faces, some were familiar but Katatra had just moved here that year. Over the summer her and Sokka had tried to get acquainted with kids in the neighborhood, Sokka had developed a huge crush on Yue. Katara liked Aang, he could be a cool friend. (I am first typing this out on a google doc and it kept grammar correcting liked to loves. It's official Google ship Kataang, it even counts the ship name as a real word) As they walked into school Katara pulled out her schedule, "Hey Aang what's your schedule?" Aang showed her, they had 3rd, 5th, 8th, and 9th period together, Everyone had 5th period lunch. 1st period Katara had gym, since it was the first day they didn't really do anything, just learned what they would be doing this year. She was excited to learn that they had a swimming unit. She recognized a girl from the bus, she was a year older, Sokka's age, he seemed rather excited. When 2nd period came around, Katara had Art, in it she saw another girl from the bus, she sat next to her. Her name was Toph, she was blind, she was really good at pottery and sculptures, since she could use her hands and feel how it looked. 3rd was geography, which she had with Aang. Their teacher was pretty nice, Aang seemed very excited, he said that he wanted to travel the world when he was older. 4th period was Math, Katara knew she wouldn't like her math teacher, she was the strict annoying type, who took everything for a grade, and a harsh grader, but Katara was determined to do well. 5th period, Katara found Sokka already at a table with and, she had walked down with Toph so she sat with them.

"Guys this is Toph she has art with me."

"Nice to meet you Toph." Aang said

"Oh, yeah you in my gym!" Sokka added.

Then this boy I didn't recognize walked over, "Hey, um can I sit here?" the boy asked

"Sure!" Aang responded, "What's your name?"

"Zuko," he said sitting down

"Nice, to meet you Zuko, I'm Aang, that Toph, Katara, and Sokka."

We all ate lunch together. Toph ate so many melons we started to call her Melon Lord.

6th and 7th period Katara had English, she had heard bad things about her teacher, but Katara thought she was pretty nice. 8th period, Aang and Katara had science, their teacher was fun and smart but had a very strict grading system. Finally, the 9th period came around the study hall. She had that with everyone from lunch, so they all sat together with some kids Aang knew, Jinora and Teo. Jinora rode the bus with them but Teo couldn't because of his wheelchair. After school Katara, Aang, Sokka, Toph, Zuko, and Zuko's girlfriend, Mai, went to the Jasmine Dragon. Zuko's uncle owned it and Zuko worked there after school. His uncle had given him the day of since it was the first day of school. Apparently, when ordering his uniform, something went wrong so it went to the name default, Lee, instead of Zuko. Sokka and Katara went home and told Gran Gran about their day over dinner. Katara went to bed early but Sokka stayed up.

A/N: It's me again! The next chapter will be the 3rd person still but focus on Sokka as opposed to Katara like 1 and 2. Also, I will be posting daily. Also, Judie was at Toph's stop, she is actually Ju Dee but Judie is a more "normal" name.