1.22| Founder's Day

Gilbert Residence
I was helping Elena into her founder'sday dress. Elena put on her necklace.
Elena: Ouch, this dress hurts.
Madison: You just got to suck it in, baby.
~~~•••~~~
Mystic Falls High School
Everybody is preparing for the founder's parade. And Carol is supervising: No, no, no, no, no! It's all wrong! The marching band should be in front of the Historic Society. Jeffrey, get up one the float. Boys, I asked you to put the chairs on the Founder's Float. Ladies! Times to get on the float.
Stefan is standing alone, waiting. Then Damon arrives.
Damon: look at you all retro.(he smiles.)
Stefan: What are you doing here?
Damon: Why wouldn't I be? Bonnie deactivated the Gilbert invention, Isobel is gone and it's Founder's day! We're here to eat cotton candy and steal your girl.
Stefan: Don't start with me, Damon.
Damon: Oh, you started this Stefan with the whole "I'm insecure, leave Madison alone" speech. I'm enjoying that.
Stefan: As long as you heard it.
Damon: You have no sense of humor, Stefan.
Stefan: actually I have no sense of 'Damon humor'.
Damon: 'Damon humor'...hey look, I get it, I get it. I'm better, hotter, superior choice and you're scared, not that Katherine is out of the picture, that I'm gonna turn all my attention to Madison. But don't worry, Madison is definitely not Katherine.
Stefan: you're right she's not.
Damon and Stefan see Madison approaching, in her Miss Virginia dress she looks so beautiful, nothing like Katherine. She smiles at them and curtsies.

 She smiles at them and curtsies

The floats are parading. And Carol was commentates: let's give a big hand to the Mystic Falls High School marching band!
The marching band and the cheerleaders parade, everyone applauds and scream.
Carol: And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek.
Carol: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts.
Stefan, Elena, Caroline and Matt, and the rest of the Mystic Falls court and their escorts are on the float; they laugh and wave to the crowd.
Carol: This is Elena Gilbert, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?
Then my float came up.
Carol: And our Miss Virginia, our very own Miss Madison Gilbert.
I smiled and wave, and Damon was next to me waving too.
Camilla and Celia waved at us. I smiled back at them.
Carol: Isn't she beautiful?
~~~•••~~~
Third Person POV
Grayson Gilbert's Office
John was with Mayor Lockwood, he's preparing the device.
John: This is the key. Once inserted, the device will be activated. It will work only once, for an estimated time of five minutes.
Mayor Lockwood: Yes, how does it work?
John: It's a High porches frequency that humans can't hear. Any vampires with-in five block radius will be incapacitated, exposing them. At that time, the sheriff's deputies will inject them with vervain and bring them here, when we finish them off.
Mayor Lockwood: And you're certain they're attacking tonight?
John: I have a source. One of the vampires from the tomb confirmed it.
~~~•••~~~
Building
The vampires from the tomb were having a meeting. The leader is speaking and pointing at the map of town square.
Vampire leader: Everybody listen up! The plan stays the same. We wait until firework start; until then, we blend in. Stay a part of the celebration; they'll never see us coming.
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert Office
John: They want revenge for what our ancestors did in 1864. It makes us their target.
~~~•••~~~
Building
The leader is showing the other vampires a plan of the mystic Falls town square.
Vampire leader: This area here is the stage. This is where the Founding families are gonna be. Any questions?
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
Mayor Lockwood: Were taking an enormous risk. We're talking about our families, John!
~~~•••~~~
Building
Then Anna walks up to the vampire leader.
Vampire leader: Anna? What's are you doing here?
~~~•••~~~
Grayson Gilbert's Office
John: This is the only way to draw them out and kill them...all of them.
~~~•••~~~