Stage Fright Part 2

When me and Jason walk back to class, it's now 4th period.

"Jason what do you have now?" I ask.

"Theater, you?" He asks me.

"Same, but why would they put me in this class?" I ask.

"I don't know, Pipes," Jason says.

We walk to the auditorium, hand-in-hand. When we get there, I see Reyna, the girl who said Jason was her boyfriend, glaring at me. Then she smirks, like she's planning something, I grip Jason's hand tighter and pull him to the seats in the very back of the auditorium.

"Are you ok, Pipes," Jason asks.

"Huh...oh yeah I'm fine," I tell him.

"Attention class, today we will be auditioning for the play and everyone will audition, so please be ready when I call you up," the teacher says. Auditioning!? I turn and look at Jason, my eyes as big as saucers.

"Hey it's ok, you're new, I doubt she'll make you audition," Jason says, rubbing my back, in a soothing way. I nod my head and see that Reyna is on the stage right now. She does really good, better than I thought she would.

"Jason, your turn!" The teacher yells. Jason stands up and walks to the stage.

A little bit after Jason's audition

"Well that seems to be all the auditions-" the teacher starts but gets cut off.

"Wait, Piper hasn't went yet!!" Reyna yells.

"Oh yes Piper, your turn," the teacher says.

I turn and look at Jason, and shake my head.

"I can't do this," I say and start breathing heavy.

"Yes you can, just look at the script," Jason says, to which I shake my head.

"Piper let's go!!" The teacher yells, getting mad.

"Can I please not audition?" I ask, in a begging way.

"No you have too, now come on," the teacher says, and I reluctantly stand up, and walk to the stage.

When I get on the stage, and face the crowd, I instantly freeze, and don't say or do anything. I am so embarrassed right now that I don't even know what to do.

"Uh...um..." I start and hear laughing. I look at Jason and he looks right into my eyes. I can't do this, so I run off the stage and out of the auditorium.

I slide down the wall right outside of the doors, pull my knees to my chest and cry. This is so pathetic, I'm crying over having to be on stage.

"Piper!" I hear Jason yell. Then sees me, and walks over to me.

"Pipes, are you ok?" Jason asks me.

I shake my head.

"Piper, I talked to the teacher, you won't have to get back on stage again," Jason tells me.

I look at him, and he smiles, and I smile back. He wipes the tears from my cheeks, and we kiss.