Book 2 - 2003

First of all I'm so sorry that it has taken me so long to update this story.  Even though I'm not posting the story floats with me all of the time! Thank you to all of my readers who are hanging with my slow pace.  The last few months have been so crazy.  I cranked this chapter out today and I have not edited it so I apologize for it not being as polished as I would like it to be.  But, I hope you enjoy it.  I'm working hard to get to the point that Alex and Anjali's lives intersect.  Just know that they will.  Thanks so much for all of your support an comments!!! I love reading what you feel when you read a chapter.  Happy New Year to all of you!  As this is my first chaper update of 2015!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

May - Alex

I finish cleaning up the kitchen around ten pm.  Even though I usually quit working around six, getting dinner ready, feeding the kids, giving them a bath and then calming them down for the night and reading them a story exhausts me.  By the time they fall asleep I’m ready to pass out myself.  But each evening I gather all of the strength I have left and drag myself downstairs and clean up the dinner mess and get their lunches ready for the next day.  Tonight I’m tired and restless.  A weird and unsettling combination. 

I walk back upstairs where the bedrooms are.  I peak into the kid’s room to make sure they are asleep before entering Chris’ and my bedroom and into our bathroom and splash water on my face and then brush my teeth, hoping the nightly routine will settle me, but it doesn’t. 

I walk back into our bedroom and toss my t-shirt towards the laundry hamper.  Instead of landing in the hamper it hits Chris as she walks in. 

“Welcome home,” I laugh at Chris happy to see her.

“How old are you Alex? Really dunking the laundry as if it’s a basketball,” she exclaims as she falls on our bed exhausted.

I walk towards her and sit next to her on the bed and grab her hand, “Tough day?” I ask.

“You wouldn’t believe it,” she responds.

“Are you hungry? There are some leftovers from dinner I can warm up for you,” I offer.

She gets up from the bed and starts removing her suit, “The last thing I want to do is eat.”

I walk up behind her and start to help her undress.  It’s been so long since I’ve felt her skin next to mine. 

“How about we skip to dessert?” I ask her as I kiss her neck.

She stops undressing and I feel her back stiffen. 

“Alex, I said I’m tired not horny.  I’ve had one hell of day.  I lost what could have been a huge deal to some prick over at Goldman.   I’m not hungry, I’m not in the mood, I don’t want dessert, I just want to fucking have this day end.”

“Nice to see you too, Chris.  You’re not the only one with long days and sometimes disappointing outcomes, but you don’t see me taking it out on you.  Do you know how long it’s been since you even came home at a decent hour?”