Chapter 8

For the first time since the kidnap I headed straight to my house, it smelled like home yet misplaced an uncomfortable, my home is mostly glasses with lots of long curtains like those in theaters. The seating room is the largest, divided into four; the visitors galore, the dining floor, a mini hanging balcony look-alike and my white library. I dropped my butt on the edge of the dining while I soliloquized how my supposed best friend is behind all these drama, pain and betrayal. I still cannot believe it, my mind is yet to accept it, it hurts like salt on fresh wound.

But for what? Kudi ko mey? I said

I remained still in deep thoughts while tears clouded my vision.

How could he?

This world is cruel, a friend, blackmailing another when he is suppose to be a guardian to my loved ones like I to his.

But again, what if I am wrong, what if this is just a perfect coincidence?

All I knew to this point is love, I detest drama and complications. Minister always say, kaifa baka son hayaniya, I wonder how you handle Maryam cause she is always fire and and drama, ko I am wrong?

A'a Baba, is my ever reply

You see, I only loved twice in my life, first was Maryam and then A'ee; my love of this life and the next. I never had a solid friend till I met Hamza. Like rainy season he came with a mix of warm characters and rigid idealism about life almost as frozen waters in the Amazon. I had a few circle because trust was my major issue and Baba had been my best friend, so I never knew betrayal, only loss and heartbreak; the death of Baba, Maryam and Minister. I was heartbroken once, and that was two weeks to my engagement with A'ee.

We had went for a date at Bounce Lounge somewhere in Maitama, I picked her up with my yellow turtle car, it was a nice evening so many jokes and memories from dear past. She ordered plain jollof rice with one big fish, I ordered chips with chicken, we shared red wine and ice cream on our way out at the game center, A'ee looked sexy that night. Maybe it was deliberate just to confuse me, whatever the case she won. Instead of abaya, she wore a maroon attire perfectly sewn, her wide hips telling all the truths I never heard and her chest carrying her twin mountains majestically danced to her rhythm in that long sweet dress since she wore not a bra. Her face seem brighter and her smile more like the reflection of moon on stable water. Her eyes whiter than white and her long chin seated well as her lips relaxed with comfort on her jaw, so many foul thoughts crowded my mind as she walked everything kept telling me all I never experienced with her aside one long kiss at Minister's, just by their front door.

When I took her home we played truth or dare in the car, afterwards I walked her to the door. She looked deep into my eyes for a moment and like in the movie I moved slowly and closer to her eyes as our lips touched, something I regretted later. She closed her eyes as I held her waist and glide my lips more upon hers and she held my neck restfully. A minute later we were already inside her apartment, my shirt and her top off to none of us cared, we kissed some more while I tried to go for the kill. She smelled of blueberries and tasted like Baba's buttered bread, she held me really tight as my long fingers ran through her back, chest and my lips to her neck and chest with couple of "I love you" whispers. She gently pushed my arms off her as I tried to slide down her skirt.

It's ok, she uttered with breathe to my ears.

At the time I was far away from me and so I continue to head for my mission, she voiced stop three times but I heard nothing until she bit my lips back to reality. She pushed me off her and walked quickly to her room upstairs , I ran after her but she had closed the door when I reached.

A'ee! open the door, I shouted.

Get out of my house she replied,

there was silence even as I knocked three times more before she finally opened.

So this is what you wanted all these while, to have sex with me? I thought you loved me and you was going to wait, I thought I am your precious flower you never want to die.

How dare you try to take my virginity, Walid, I tested you and you have failed. Even while she rant my eye looking at different things entirely in her night gown.

This time her eyes were red and her jaw stiffen with plenty of "you know" which is a sign of her been seriously angry.

To my surprise, she removed the ring from her index finger and hit it to my chest, we are done she said.

Don't call me nor come to my house. There is no relationship between us aside you being a family friend. In my shock, confused and horny state I dragged myself out of the house not knowing what just happened or to do. It was my first brake up as I cried a few times, lost interest in everything, it felt almost like the death of Maryam. Until the evening of the day of our engagement, A'ee came to the house to explain how foolish I am to have believed any word she uttered.

Ashey bakada wayo she said when I opened my door, there she stood again beautiful like my daughter especially the first time I held held her as my own.

Yaushe kazama qazami haka, ji kichin naka, ko abinci baka dafa ba.

What are you saying? are you here to finish me off or deliver your wedding card and before i finished the sentence I fell on the white floor breaking my lips. She walked gently like the last time we met until my fall made her ran to come rescue me but this time I was not interested in the story her hips where trying to tell even though she wore a similar dress as that night. As she came, she held my head and placed it on her laps as a drop of blood pushed itself from the lower punctured lip. A'ee kissed it for a while almost like sucking the blood of me until I felt tears on my cheek.

She uttered I am sorry and within that instant I forgot all the pain in my heart.

You broke my heart I said

I didn't mean to by Allah she replied

Ba wani, you meant it. You left me for two weeks fa, A'ee. I complained

Ai I thought you are smart, that you will use the opportunity to give me the special gift you had promised the day we began our life together.

Kema kinsan banda wayo I said

Baby kayi hakuri you know I am your stubborn girl. And I love you no matter what, I am yours, your always yours. Naka kai kadai

I looked away and said ko dai Na Ahmad but she dragged my head to her face and said inasonka walhi

Dagaske?, I urged and she quickly placed her lips again on mine and asked me to let her take care of me that evening.

She reduced my hair, cut my nails, cook her favorite meal, she even picked the outfit I wore and still dragged me off the house to Magul's where our engagement held.

I was reminiscing all these when my phone rang, fortunately and unfortunately it's Blackmamba,

Where are my family I shouted.

Right in front of your house, he replied