Chapter 34

*Bucky POV*

        "Ok, I'm zooming in on a location..." Natasha said. "It's in DC, so that's a good thing." 

        "It looks like an ordinary building." I said.

        "But it could be hidden underground, maybe." Stve said. Maybe we could actually find Kylee, and she would be safe.

        "Hey Bucky, I think your phone is ringing." Natasha said. I went over and grabbed it, and was shocked by who it was.

        "Its... its Kylee." I said.

        Both Steve and Natasha rushed over. "Do you think it's actually her?" Steve asked.

        "Pick it up and see." Natasha said. I clicked the answer button and lifted it up to my ear.

        "Bucky? Are you there?" I heard Kylee say. She sounded so scared.

        "Kylee... you're alive."

        "Ya, for now."

        "Are you ok?" I asked.

        "Not really. I have too many bruises and cuts to count, I can barely keep my eyes open, and I have hardly eaten. How long have I been gone?"

        "Almost 3 days." I could feel my blood boiling. They were hurting her, torturing her, and I wasn't there to help.

        "that's what I thought. Bucky, what do I do?"

        "Wait. We're going to come and get you. You'll be fine, I promise. I love you, Kylee."

        "I love you, too."

        "Wait, how did you get your phone?"

        "So when I woke up, there was food in the room I'm in. My phone was there, too." I don't know who brought it."

        "Maybe it's a trap."

        "I don't know, but I had to call." Kylee said. "Look, I'll try to call you back some other time, ok? I wanna save battery, and don't wanna get caught."

        "Alright. I'll talk to you later, babe. We'll get you out of this, I promise."

        "Bye." Se hung up, and I slowly put the phone down. I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

        "Is she ok?" Natasha asked.

        "No, they're torturing her." I said. I told them what she told me, from the cuts and the bruises to how she found her phone. "I think they're planning to kill her."

        "We won't let that happen." Steve said. "Don't worry Bucky. We'll get her back, I promise."

~~~

*1 day later*

        "Ok, I think we're ready to go. Do we have everything we need?" Steve asked.

        Natasha's voice came on over the intercom. "Clint and I are ready."

        "Who's Clint?" I asked. Out of all the time I spent with SHIELD, I had never heard the name before.

        "Clint Barton." Steve replied. "AKA Hawkeye. He works for SHIELD, and is the best archer we have. So, we're gonna have Natash a get to the control room. As long as the Hydra hostage with us cooperates, that should be easy. Then Natasha will open the doors with Clint covering, and you and I, with the other guys, should be able to go get Kylee."

        "I hope this works." I said.

        "I think it will" Steve said. "Come on, we have to go. It's showtime."