Chapter 44

*1 Week Later*
"I think I might go into work today." I said.

"Are you sure?" Bucky said in concern. "I mean, your arm..."

"I'll be fine. I haven't been there in a month, and if we're moving soon, we have to have money, right?"

"Ya, I guess so. I'll drive you there."

"Thanks." I got all the stuff I would need and we went on our way. I was a bit excited to go, since I hadn't seen everyone in almost amonth.

When I got there, everyone looked at me in surprise, but no one said anything. I sat down and started to work. I had a big pile of stuff from the last month.

"You're back!" Said a voice. I looked up, and Sarah was standing there. "Where have you been? You just didn't show up one day, everyone was scared."

"It's a long story." I replied.

"What's with the sling? What happened to your arm?" She asked.

"Well, um... I was shot." I said.

"What?!" Sarah exclaimed. "Shit, that's terrible." She walked over and hugged me. "Well, I'm glad you're still alive and back."

"Thanks, me too. So, did I miss much?"

"No, not really. Oh, wait, did you hear that there was an explosion here in the city? It was a week ago today, actually. It was at a building not to far from here." That was the one at SHIELD, I thought.

"Oh, really?" I said, trying to act surprised.

"Ya, I know, it's crazy. Have you noticed there's been a lot of stuff like that? That one in April, then the one with your boyfriend, and now this one."

"You're right." I replied.

"Well, I'll leave you alone, I guess." Sarah said as she got up again. " You seem to have a lot of work to do."

"I'll talk to you later." I said. I sighed and got back to work. Soon enough, I lost track of time. I was slower, because of my arm. By the end of the day, I was exausted, and wasted no time laying down on the couch when I got back to the apartment.

"Hey, save some room for me!" Bucky said, and I laughed. 'Ok, I guess I'll have to sit on you. You asked for it." He walked over and sat on me.

"Ow, you're heavy." I said.

"That's what you get for not moving. Wanna watch a movie?"

"Ya, sure. What should we watch?" I asked.

"I don't know."

"How about a horror movie? Horror movies are awesome."

"Sounds like a good idea, I like horror movies. Besides, I know you'll cuddle closer to me if you get scared."

"Of course you would think of that." I said. I let Bucky decide what to watch, and he settled on The Human Centipede.

"You really wanna watch this? i asked. "It seems weird."

"Ya! Do you want to watch something else? It's ok of you do."

"No, it's ok." I said. Bucky smiled. I saw him look at my lips, back to my eyes, and then he kissed me. This was one of the first kisses that we had since he wa brainwashed again, only because we had been so busy bringing his memory back. He remembered almost all of the memories of Steve and the 1940's and all the memories we shared. He only remembered a couple from his time in Hydra, but not many. I was sure that he would remember the rest of them soon, though, an start his nighmares all over again.

"All right, lets get started on the movie, then." Bucky said. At first, it wasn't too

weird, and I didn't see why it was a horror movie, but it just got weirder and weirder. I ended up hiding behind a pillow have the time, while Bucky just laughed and pulled me closer to him. Every time I jumped, I felt a little spasm of pain go through my arm, but I did my best not to show it.

"That movie was awesome!" Bucky said as the credits rolled.

"It was weird." I said. "I don't know if I'll be able to sleep again."

"Why? Are you afraid that the human centipede is going to come for you in the middle of the night?" Bucky asked.

"Maybe just a little bit."

"Don't worry. I'll scare it away." Bucky laughed. "I'm going to bed, I'm tired."

"I'll come with you." I said. We went into the beedroom, and with a little help from Bucky, I changed into my pajamas and hopped into bed. I shifted myself so I wouldn't hurt my arm and snuggled up next to Bucky, his heat transferring to me, and soon enough I was asleep.