Chapter Seven

Word Count-2031

AARON'S POV

My heart is beating at one hundred miles an hour in my chest. He was so close to me and...he didn't pull away. He's smiling from cheek to cheek. However, no matter how happy that made me feel. I can't do that again. At least not for long while. We still barley know each other and I need to fix some of my mistakes with Jacob. I look down at him to see that his eyes are closed and his arms are wrapped around my waist.

"Jacob, did you fall asleep?" I ask him, grinning.

"Almost." He mumbles.

"I'll see tonight, okay? I have some things I need to set up." I tell him. He nods his head. I reluctantly pull away from him and head towards the Great Hall. I look over my shoulder to see him staring back at me. I smile. As I turn my head back, I see Bella and Cree get up and come towards me. I take a deep breath. I need to explain some things to them. I walk towards them.

"I would like to..." I start.

"Stop, no need for you to apologize." Bella says, interrupting me. "I am the one who is saying sorry for acting in the way that I did. It was mean and cruel and not the way friends act around each other. We are supposed to be supportive." She gestured towards Cree. "I did not follow those friendship rules. As much as I destain Jacob, if it makes you happy then I have no other choice to accept that and move on." She says, taking a deep breath. I give her a tight hug before she can even complain.

"Thank you both." I say, motioning for Cree to come join our group hug.

"This does not mean that I will not participate in pranks on the other houses. Those will always be fun. And I wouldn't be a Slytherin if I didn't do something to the other houses. This includes Jacob." I tell them. Smiles spread across all our faces.

"Have I been forgiven?" Bella asks.

"Of course." I tell her. "Now I'm hungry and going to get a little something to eat before dinner ends." I start to walk towards the table, hearing my stomach growl.

"Why were you late? You are never ever late." Cree asks.

"Oh I was doing some research in the library." I tell them vaguely. They both gape at me.

"Yes, yes, I know, I hate the library. What I'm researching is important. No, I will not tell you what it is." I say, not looking up from my food.

"But why?" Bella asks.

"Because it's my business. Also I'll eventually tell you but right now I need to find out more information." I stuff a spoonful of corn into my mouth. I see Bella roll her eyes.

"Disgusting." She mutters.

Cree however is barley holding in a laugh. I swallow and Cree bursts out laughing. I start chuckling as well.

"Both of you are absolute gross!" She says a smile coming onto her face.

We're all laughing now. We continue talking all through dinner and even a little bit into chill time after dinner.

"The Great Hall with be closing soon." Professor Malfoy shouts. He turns and continues talking to Professor Potter. I think Professor Potter teaches Care of Magical Creatures, but I'm not sure. I see Malfoy wrap his arms around Potter's waist and quickly give him a kiss. Even from here I can see Potters face grow bright red. I quickly turn away. Well, I mean, I can't say I didn't suspect anything. Everyone at this school seems to be gay. No joke.

Anyway, Bella, Cree, and I head back to the common room to hang out some more. We actually just end up taking till around 11:30.

"Goodnight." Cree and I say as Bella shuts the door to the girl's dormitory.
Cree starts walking towards the boys room, then he realizes I'm not following him.