Chapter Twenty Eight

Word Count- 2419

JACOB'S POV

"What did you just say?" Professor Longbottom asks. There's a slight flash of fear in his eyes, as well as in everyone else's gaze. My brows furrow in confusion.

"I think I know who took Aaron's memories." I state again and I see everyone's eyes widen even more.

"Does anyone know what he's saying?" I hear Professor Malfoy ask. What do you mean? Are they all stupid? I see Professor Potter pat his shoulder before he walks over to me calmly.

"Do you understand what I am saying right now?" He asks me.

"Of course, Professor." I tell him hesitantly. He gives me a small smile.

"Parseltongue, your speaking Parseltongue." He says and it immediately clicks inside my head. A chuckle escapes my lips.

"Oh right, sorry. My bad." I tell him, now recognizing the small drawl of the hisses. I look at the Professors again to see that all their eyes are still pinned on me.

"It's okay. He's just speaking Parseltongue." Harry tells everyone. I don't see them relax at all.

"And how did you acquire the skill to speak a language such as that?" Headmaster Granger asks me.

"My parents taught me when I was younger, I believe, and it just stuck with me." I tell them. They all relax slightly, now that I am not speaking the snake language.

"Quite interesting." I hear Professor Lovegood mumble.

"What house were your parents in?" Professor Malfoy asks me, raising an eyebrow. Heat rises to me cheeks and I look down.

"My mother was in Gryffindor, my father in Ravenclaw." I respond, a frown forming on my face.

"Quite interesting indeed Luna." Is the only response I get from Madame Weasley.

"Anyway, that's beside the point. I think I found the person who stole Aaron's memories." I state. Their eyes move from me, to Samuel's frozen body floating behind me.

"Why is he frozen?" Headmaster Granger asks.

"I didn't want him to get away." I say eagerly. "Have you found anything that could be useful?" I ask suddenly, looking around the room.

"Yeah, Hermione have you found anything yet? I have seen you scrawling notes for hours. Tell me you have something." Professor Weasley says, glaring at the Headmaster. That is how Professor Weasley lost his life...kidding. Though the look Headmaster Granger gave the Professor was as sharp as daggers. I bite my lip to keep from laughing out. Suddenly, the door bursts open and I see two green robes swish around. Veronica and Aaron. They walk around the corner of the bookshelf and stare at all of us, eyes wide. I see Aaron's gaze fall on me. A blush rises to my cheeks and I quickly look away.

"Ahh perfect timing. Glad to see you up and about Mr. Morton. Now, to share with you all, my findings. Yes Ronald, I did find something." Headmaster Granger says. "If you direct yours eyes to Mr. Morton, please." She says. I take this as an opportunity to stare into Aaron's eyes. If we can't find find his memories, then I'll have to get used to staring at his dark silver eyes. And I'll have to start all over again. We hav- we were together for months. I guess I'll just have to try all over again. Maybe not say as many stupid things to him. That should be a good start. "If you'll look, his eyes are grey." The Headmaster states, pulling my out of my thoughts.
"Samuel's eyes are also grey." She says. "Throughout my note taking, I remember reading about a certain memory spell. It's similar to the charm, Oblivaite, but the effects are more...confusing. The symptoms of this spell are, in fact, grey eyes. Which we can all clearly see here, between Samuel and Aaron. I don't know when and I certainly don't know why, but Samuel here decided it would be entertaining to cast this spell on Aaron here. The good news is, we now know the spell and the caster, which is always a good thing. However, this is where the spell differs from the memory charm, Obliviate. When the spell is casted, the witch or wizard who casted the spell can look through the victims memories to see what they want to take away. In this case, I believe that all memories of Mr. Stil here, were taken away. That's why Mr. Morten only remembers up the the Sorting Ceremony because I can only assume that's the first time you saw Jacob. The memories are then placed inside a bottle of the casters choosing. Depending on how many memories were taken away, the bottle must accommodate that. Now the spell in complete. The only problem is, we have no idea where that bottle could be. Samuel is most likely the only one who knows the location of the bottle." Headmaster Grangers says, a huff of air coming from her throat.