Chapter Eight

Word Count-2279

AARON'S POV

Last night was the best night I have ever had at Hogwarts, ever. Everything went perfectly. I can't believe I actually kissed him...and he kissed me back. We talked so much last night. We stayed up till like 4:00 talking. I figured out all the little things about Jacob and I remember them all. A sigh escapes my lips. I haven't gotten an ounce of sleep because I keep thinking of him. Every time my eyes get heavy, my thoughts alway drift to him. There pleasant thoughts, nice relaxing thoughts, but they keep waking me up. I stay up thinking about Jacob till I see light come in through the windows. Yellow lights up the entire room. I sit up and see the shadows of the beds facing towards me. I hear a yawn come from the nearest bed. Cree sits up and rubs his eyes.

"Oh, hi Aaron. Did you have a good night?" He asks yawning again.

"The perfect night." I tell him flopping back into my bed.

"Oooo, did anything happen?" He asks tiredly.

"I kissed him." I say proudly.

"You what?" Cree says sitting straight up.

"I kissed him." I say again.

"Oh." Is all he says. I start seeing the bodies of all the other students moving around and getting up.

"Well I guess we should start getting ready for the day." Cree says. I immediately get up and start putting on my day cloths and robes. Cree takes twenty minutes to get ready and it's painful watching him go so slow.

"Hurry up." I say to him.

"What, you got somewhere to be?" Crew asks.

"Yes, breakfast. I'm hungry." I say

"No, you want to see your boyfriend." Cree says.

"Not true, we're only...friends." I say, knowing perfectly well that's not true. After Cree is done changing we wait for Bella in the common room. She comes out shortly.

"Don't tell Bella." I whisper to Cree. He slightly nods his head.

"Let's go." Bella says. We all quickly start to walk to the Great Hall. As I arrive my eyes quickly scan the Hufflepuff table. I spot Jacob who is already staring at me. I smile at him. He smiles back at me. I wink at him, giving him a smirk. I see his face turn a bright pink. I look away and back towards Cree and Bella, smiling to myself. Cree and Bella start talking but I keep looking at Jacob. I see him glancing at me periodically. He takes a sip of water and the suddenly as Cadence says something, he spits is all out over the table. He quickly gets up and sprints out into the corridor. Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I see a Ravenclaw boy get up and run after Jacob. That's odd.

"Hey Bella and Cree, I got to go check something really quickly. I'll be back shortly." I tell them. They nod, deep into whatever they were talking about. I quickly rush out after them. I hear someone's voice talking. It's not Jacob's , I know that. His voice sounds like if fluffy was a sound. If that makes sense. I peak around the corner to see the Ravenclaw shoving Jacob against a wall. He's sneering at him.

"You're gay aren't you? So come on, why can't you just..." The bastard doesn't even get to finish before I shove him off of Jacob.

"Back off." I growl. The boy smiles.

"Oh, so this is your boyfriend? Ha, I didn't know Slytherins had hearts. Hey, Jacob, I think your boyfriend is messing with you. I think he likes girls." The boy laughs and it's the type of laugh that is full of mockery and hate. My fists clench. He notices. Jacob slowly goes to stand behind me.