Part VIII

I started to feel something was wrong, and then I noticed - I had turned into a dandelion seed.
Even if I wanted to protest, the dandelion had no mouth nor tongue for me to make a sound. All I could do was watch helplessly as the giant gently picked the dandelion plant from the ground and held it between her thumb and index finger.
"Dandelion, dandelion, ride the wind to a faraway land."
The fox chanted.
And then with a puff, the dandelion seeds began to dance in the air. I was caught in a storm and whisked away to a distant sky. The swirling made my head dizzy. Those eyes that glistened like gemstones in the lake were rapidly disappearing. As I lapsed into unconsciousness, I heard her voice one final time before it, too, disappeared. She was making a wish.
"Oh Anemo Archon, I beg you to turn us into humans! For only then can we be safe from the hunting bows and knives of the humans."
... ...
When I woke up, I found myself in the woods behind my village. The woods were full of lush trees, and at the center of the woods was a small lake.
The lake was like the stained glass windows of the Mondstadt Cathedral: crystal clear and shimmering in the sunlight.
The sun shone through the leaves and glistened on the water's surface like fragments of gemstones. It was really something.
The weather was cool that day. I was hunting in the forest when I came upon the lake... the shimmering water somehow reminded me of a girl I loved a long time ago.
I couldn't remember much about her, but I felt that her eyes must have looked like the lake, glittering as if holding fragments of gemstones.
Hmm. I suppose I must have become lost in thought and drifted off into sleep as I stared at the sparkling lake.