Growing up..

Age 7

I was in the ball room practicing my magic.

I turned my ribbons from red to green.

I smiled and moved on to my shoes turning them from yellow to green.

If you can't tell Green is my favorite color!

"Iris!" I voice yelled.

I giggled and ran to a pillar hiding behind it. The doors opened and my twin Diaspro walked in. "Iris are you in here?" She called walking around. I moved behind her careful not to make a sound. When I got behind her I scared her grabbing her arms yelling.

"Boo!"

She yelped spinning around. I laughed and tickled her. She laughed loudly. "Okay! Okay!" She giggled. I stopped tickling her and backed away. "Mother wants us." She smiled adjusting her dress and headband.

My sister always had to be perfect for her prince. She was engaged to Prince Adam while I was engaged to Prince Sky. He was very nice to me but I only saw him as a Best friend. Not a husband.

Ew.

She looked at my outfit making a face. "You know mother hates common people outfits. You should change quickly." I nod and snap my fingers. My outfit turns into a ugly hat with flowers, a skirt, boots, and a long sleeve shirt. My sister laughed at me. "I'm still working on it!" I huffed.

I tried again and this time a red and gold dress with ruffles and black flats with a Red rose in my White hair that was now down in curls like Diaspro. "Beautiful. Let's go." She grabbed my hand pulling me to the throne room.

The doors opened up.

Our mother stood in the center. She looked at me with a smile and then Diaspro with a slight smile. "Diaspro, look at your sister. Why can't you dress as nice as her? Do you want to ruin your chance with Adam?" Diaspro frowned. "No." She whispered.

"This is why me and your father decided to enroll you into Princess school. Iris will join you even though I do not think she needs to." Princess School! I heard it was the worst! They teach you manners and how to be a proper princess!

"For how long?" I frowned. "A few years. You should finish by your .....17th birthday..." My what!? "When do we leave?' Diaspro asked. "Tomorrow. There will be holidays to visit. They will teach you everything my daughters. Don't worry."

She lifted my chin up. "Smile Princess. I promise it won't be that long." She kissed my head. "The maids packed already. Enjoy tonight. Your dismissed." Mother walked back up to her chair sitting. Me and Diaspro shared a look leaving the room.

In our room

Diaspro was already going off like a time bomb. ".....She can't do this!......I'm already a good enough wife......I'm not going.......She is so mean!...." After her rage left she was sad now. Talk about mood swings....."Iris. Promise me you'll always be my best friend. And that we will always look after each other. We don't need anyone but us."

I bit my lip.

Dad says if you make a promise you have to keep it.....