The Voice of Nature

I was walking to my next class.

I had to go through the forest to get there and since the girls left me this morning I was on my own.

I just had to go straight and there would be the swamp. That's not hard at all.

I frowned as I saw three paths going straight.

This was going to be harder than I thought. This is why you never run late to class.

"Having Trouble Ms. Iris?"

I sighed looking at Palladium. "I am. Aren't you suppose to be teaching the class I'm late to?" i asked.

He chuckled at me "Can't teach when a student is missing." I smiled at him. He had a point. "Come with me and I'll guide you to the class.'' I walk beside him smiling. "So, was that your boyfriend?" he asked taking me off guard. "Uh, yes, it was. " I felt my hands get frosty again.

They only did this when I was nervous.

Why was I nervous?!

'' I wanted to apologize for how i acted the other day. Your my student and my feelings can't get involved with that." I smiled at him. "It's fine, I mean... I was the one to almost kiss you. But your right it can never reach that point. Sky and me have been engaged since baby's. I don't know what would happen if I ruined that."

We kept walking.

A flower fell from a tree landing in my hair. I looked at Palladium feeling his eyes on me. He grinned touching the flower making it bloom even more." Your a very beautiful flower. But you deserve to be happy too. Don't take whatever comes at you or was planned for you. Make your own path." He kissed my hand walking away.

As soon as he disappeared out the woods I saw the entire class looking at me. I felt heat rush to my face. I saw the girls and ran to them. Stella smiled at me "So you and the Professor huh? What a scandal!" I blushed hitting her "Shut up Stella, were just friends."

I watched as he spoke to the class. "Besides, I have a boyfriend and he's just my teacher...." I listened to him talk more."So, as I was saying, today's exercise will be rather difficult." A fairy interrupted him whining. "Professor Palladium, a mosquito just bit me!" I rolled my eyes. It was just a bug. "Well, we are in a swamp, and it's just a mosquito. It's no big deal." Palladium told her. The fairly frowned "But look where it got me!" She lifts one side of her shorts. Palladium, looks nervous, backs away and stutters. "Oh my! From- Well, um... what I meant was... uh... T-to be shorts and to uh eh... the point..." The students laugh at Palladium.

I frowned at them all. Shame on them. "Poor professor. They shouldn't give him such a hard time." Bloom whispered "If he were more confident, he'd get more respect." Stella whispered back. "Well if the girls were nicer to him than he would be more confident" I whispered back.

Palladium kept speaking "A good fairy should be able to listen to what nature tells us. Today's exercise is designed to put your abilities to the test. You've all been put into groups, so we're ready to begin. You have three hours to get out of Black Mud Swamp and reach the clearing in the middle of Gloomy Wood Forest, without using magic. Remember, listen carefully to the voice of nature, and follow its advice." Palladium winks at me making me blush. Palladium teleports and leaves us in the middle of the swamp.