Chapter 5

Meanwhile, the puppies and Scooby regrouped once they were out of the neighborhood, thinking that had finally gotten away from Pip. 

"I think we lost him" Rosebud told the others. 

"That was close" Tchaikovsky panted heavily. 

"Rou said it!" Scooby agreed with him. 

"Why is that ghost after us?!" Wonder asked fearfully. 

"Maybe he wants to drink our blood!" B-Dawg exclaimed. 

"That's vampires" Buddha corrected him.

"Maybe he wants to eat our brains!" B-Dawg continued. 

"That's zombies, dude" Mudbud told his scared brother. 

"Maybe he wants to devour everything he sees!" B-Dawg tried a different guest. 

"That's Budderball" Rosebud smirked. 

"And Scooby too" Tchaikovsky added. 

Both Budderball and Scooby gave slightly offended looks. 

"Still, it doesn't explain why that ghost is chasing us" Wonder told her siblings and friends. 

"It's probably because B-Dawg released him from the mirror" Mudbud said. 

"Oh, sure dawg, blame me!" B-Dawg complained. "It's you guys teasing me and calling me scaredy-cat that made me do it!" 

"Stop arguing! It doesn't matter who's at fault!" Tchaikovsky told his friends. "What matters now is fixing our mistakes"

"Tchaikovsky's right!" Wonder agreed, coming up to stand by her puppy crush's side. 

"It's true" Buddha replied. "We have to take personal responsibility for our own actions"

"Come on! We gotta keep moving!" Tchaikovsky told his friends. 

"Ret's go!" Scooby pointed out, leading the charge. 

The pups and talking great dane then continued on their way in order to find some help. 

Back with the kids~

Warwick and Hoot had found the kids and were watching them trick-or-treating. Warwick specifically eyed TJ since he had his staff. 

"Come on, guys! Let's go!" The kids started heading towards the next house when Warwick approached them. 

"You there!" He pointed at TJ. "Young warlock"

"Uh, me?..." TJ pointed to himself, a bit confused. 

"You talking about my friend here, sir?" Kali asked Warwick. 

Warwick chuckled fiendishly, asking the kids. "Do you know who I am?" 

"A guy who went to the wrong costume store?" Spinelli joked. 

"Yeah, because that is the lamest cloak I have ever seen" Vince added with a smirk. 

"I am Warwick the Warlock, the evilest warlock known to man!" Warwick proclaimed to them before suddenly hiccupping which made the kids laugh at him. 

Warwick soon yelled at the kids fury, silencing them. "I will make all of you ghouls my slaves!"

He then glared towards TJ, pointing at his staff. "Now... give me that STAFF!" 

"Here, take it, Mister" TJ offered the staff to Warwick before it suddenly glowed and blasted Warwick which sent him flying away, landing in a nearby coffin. 

"Whoa!" The kids gasped in great surprise. 

"That was awesome!" Gus said. 

"Teej, how did you do that?" Vince asked. 

"Guys, I have no idea!" TJ admitted, being just as surprised as his friends. 

Kali then suddenly felt that tingly sensation again and took out how crystal, seeing how it was flickering. 

"Um, guys..." She got the Recess gang's attention and they all looked to see how her crystal was flickering along with the staff. 

"Whoa! What is up with your crystal, Kals?" Spinelli questioned. 

"I'm not sure..." The adventure girl replied. "But I got a feeling something is definitely going on here" 

"Guys, I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that guy was who he says he is" TJ told his friends, taking out a rough sketch of Warwick from the case file. "Check this out!"

It was a perfect match!

"Egad!" Gretchen exclaimed. "That guy really is the Warlock!" 

"Oh, no..." Mikey said as this was a serious problem now. 

"This is not good..." Kali frowned, thinking to herself about all this. 

Warwick groaned inside the coffin as he started to regain consciousness, which the gang noticed. 

"Um, guys, I think that now would be a great opportunity to run" Mikey advised his friends. 

The kids immediately ran off as fast as they could to get as far away from Warwick as possible. 

"Is he still following us!" Gus panted, afraid to look back down the street. 

"Who cares! Just keep running!" Spinelli shouted. 

"What is up with that guy?!" Vince complained, referring to Warwick.  

"I have no idea" TJ spoke a little nervously, before looking at the staff. "But he wanted this thing pretty badly"

"And I'll bet he won't stop until he gets it" Kali said. 

"Perhaps we should go and find Sheriff Dan" Gretchen suggested. 

"Yeah, like, now!" Vince added seriously. 

The rest of the gang agreed and wasted no time in running off again. 

"Go! Go! Go!" Kali urged her friends as they went off for help. 

Meanwhile, Warwick had gone back to the Carroll's house and used a potion on Mr. Carroll, putting him under a spell that turned him into a mindless slave in order to help the warlock get his staff back. However, Mr. Carroll wasn't so bright as a monster slave. Like an actual Frankenstein, he got his foot stuck in a jack-o-lantern but kept going... rather slowly. 

"I probably should've used someone smarter for this job" Warwick now realized, groaning. "Idiot..."